Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Severe Pain in right foot…Any Doctors or riders with simelar knowledg on here?
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Recently I have undertaken a few epics! where carrying the bike (Hey im in the Lakes)and a change in my job has aggrevated a back injury 😥

I have a long history of lower back pain,Last weekend I had a severe attack of Sciatica down both legs,Couldent go to the toilet,walk or stand up! I called out a medic on the Sunday evening and he has given me some Pain killers (Codeine Phosphate 30mgs) and the wonderfull (Diazepam 5mgs)….still flying!! 😀

After seeing my doctor on Tuesday evening he advised me the Sciatica should subside after a few days, however the pain is persisting in my right foot,but my back pain has gone.

I enjoy a drink or two at the weekends so I have avoided the PKs since Wednesday night.

Its a simelar pain as though I have broken something (aching and then goes slightly)I can walk on it no problem,but there is some numbness after a while and the base of the foot feels as though it wants too “turn in” causing me to trip occasionally.Sometimes the pain gets so bad I have to take my sock off and boot (not done up tightly) as it feels as though its affecting circulation or something.

I cant recall any recent injurys related to my foot, although I once chipped a bone on the heal in a motorcycle accident.

I do have a high pain threshhold and am the kind of person that doesent realise I have cut myself until theres blood all over the place if that helps!

I appreciate this is not the Ideal place for advice on medical queries but any opinions or experience of this would be greatly appreciated,thanks. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GP. Could be any one of a number of things.

bullheart
    Free Member

Plantar Facia injury?

Its like an elastic band that runs from your metatarsals to your heel. If strained/ruptured can cause your foot to curl up and turn in….

marmottefarcie
    Free Member

To have severe low back pain with pain down both legs which then subsides to no low back pain with severe leg/foot pain with intermittent numbness and a tendency for the foot to turn in (muscle strength imbalance) is what’s known as a “red flag” in the trade.
    This label means that its a serious development that might indicate a disc injury progressing towards prolapse (commonly referred to as a “slipped disc”).
    Please do not ignore these warning signs – get it looked at professionally.
    I work in this field and from experience, speed is of the essence in these situations. If it is badly managed, disc injuries can have lifelong consequences. Handled well and promptly, they can resolve with no long term consequence.
    Feel free to email me if you want more information.
    All the best
    Marmotte

GaVgAs
    Free Member

thanks marmotte, theres definatly something going on 😐

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Severe Pain in right foot…Any Doctors or riders with simelar knowledg on here?’ is closed to new replies.