Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Seven Helmets
  • SaxonRider

Anyone have or tried one of these?

I need a new helmet, and they look good for the price. Just wondering about real world experience.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I bought that exact helmet a couple of weeks ago.
    It was the only helmet i could find that was a good fit for me.
    Seems well made and looks good.
    Not sure about the white straps though.
    I recall that thegreatape of this parish has been using one of these for a while. Its probably melted now.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ve got the Grey/blue one and it’s comfy and not too hot. The XL/XXL fits my big bonce. The padding drips less than my old Fox Flux and it’s cooler.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I have the bright orange one , love it ,nice light and not to warm

Potdog
    Free Member

I’ve got one for guiding duties. Nice and comfy, would have another at that price any day!

mcnultycop

I’ve got the bright orange one. It’s perfect.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Blue/grey here, matches my 2FO shoes perfectly. Would definitely buy again and at £60 RRP it’s great value too.

iain1775
    Free Member

I bought one, was very impressed with the quality, fit was good, never used it in anger but it seemed well vented,large removable pad and insect mesh was a great idea
    I decided I shouldn’t have got the white one though and that it looked a bit ‘mushroomy’ on my head so sold it before using

legend
    Free Member

Those white straps would be mingin before I even got riding, otherwise I reckon I’d grab one

longj
    Free Member

Kind of bulbus especially in the forehead area but feels like it should offer good protection. Only worn in the winter so far so can’t really comment on ventilation aspects. Comfy for big heads.

honourablegeorge

How do they size up? I’m between sizes….

SaxonRider

Well, I just bit the bullet and bought one. The orange one – on my kids’ advice. 😀

So you should all see me coming, even from across the Bristol Channel.

honourablegeorge

Quick thread resurrection – any comments on sizing now that people have received them? Do they come up big/small?

rocketman
    Free Member

What sizes are you between george?

My head is 60.5 cm and the xl/xxl is an easy fit as you might expect. In fact its quite a big lid it goes up to 63 cm. The m/l kind of fits but looks compact. With the adjusters maxed out it goes on but sits a liitle high on my forehead and above my ears. Depends if you prefer the space helmet look or the safety helmet look. I think if you’re towards the top end of the size range it would be pretty much perfect but if you’re at the lower end there’s going to be a lot of room.

HTH

honourablegeorge

That’s pretty much exactly where I am, rocketman – might fit the M/L, would be loose in the larger one.

IF the M/L only “kind of” fits, then I’d be avoiding it – but don’t want a massive mushroom of a lid either

coynie09
    Free Member

These not the same helmets

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

>Seven Helmets
    Oh, is it a Big Hitter thread?

rocketman
    Free Member

IF the M/L only “kind of” fits, then I’d be avoiding it – but don’t want a massive mushroom of a lid either

The XL/XXL is definitely a big lid but no bigger than the 60-63s from other brands.

The M/L went on and there weren’t any particular pressure points but it did sit a little bit too high for my liking

I think if you’re 59.5 maybe 60 and don’t have much hair it would be OK

thegreatape
    Free Member

I always had to have a 64cm hat and then split the band inside it to make it fit, but there is a little room to spare in my M2 (which is the biggest one) so I would say it’s quite generously sized.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It’s also:

rocketman
    Free Member

Indeed open mould helmets like the M2 are by definition available under several different names

The Freestone has been kicking around for a few years

spawnofyorkshire

The 7idp and O’neal are reviewed in this months mag. Both get reasonable write ups and mention the same mould but different finishes and i think different padding

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve got one, really like it. Replaced my old Flux.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what helmet isn’t ‘bulbus’?

greasyrider
    Free Member

Can’t you buy both sizes, then send one back? Some company’s do free returns.

SaxonRider

I wore mine on a ride for the first time the other day, and the fit was fantastic. I have a 60cm head and was wearing the X/XXL, and it just feels right. I had worn two Mets and a Bell before this one, and nothing has been as comfortable on my big melon.

pickle
    Free Member

yep, got the grey and blue and it’s great. nice and light, comfy and fits great with the rear ratchet. Blue matches my Madison jacket as well so win win 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The o’neal would be worth a look if only for the magnetic Fidlock clasp.

they are such a joy to use

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Seven Helmets’ is closed to new replies.