• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by cb.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Setting up an iphone 7+
  • cb

Hi – advice please.

I purchased an iphone 7plus second hand off here a few weeks ago. Daughter’s birthday today so trying to set it up for her.

Swapped sim over from her old 6 and the new phone powers up ok. However, during the set up we get to the “Connect to wifi” screen and all we see is the text! No networks to select or even the symbols – just a white screen.

Anyone experienced this? We have re-started the phone dozens of times and re-started the router but nothing. It’s not that its not picking up our wifi – nothing at all appears on the screen.

Any help appreciated

oldtennisshoes

That doesn’t sound right. Have you given it enough time? Recent iPhone transfers I’ve done have been done by putting the phones side by side.

cb

Have tried that – nothing!

I can get to the screen which asks what type of back up you wish to import but then goes straight to the wifi screen again.

cb

Question – I assume that the SIM has to be in the new phone BEFORE the transfer of data? Or do we keep the SIM in the old phone, transfer the data and then try and set the new phone up (doesn’t seem logical)?

Cougar

Dunno anything about iPhones but I’d have thought that the data transfer process would be to sync down from your iTunes (iCloud, whatever) backup rather than the old phone?

oldtennisshoes

Question – I assume that the SIM has to be in the new phone BEFORE the transfer of data? Or do we keep the SIM in the old phone, transfer the data and then try and set the new phone up (doesn’t seem logical)?

I don’t think it matters although I’ve usually swapped the sim into the new phone before starting.

cb

Thanks for that mutepoint! No messing eh? Can I ask if you say that because of the issues I’m having or because you know what is wrong with the phone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Setting up an iphone 7+’ is closed to new replies.