Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Setting sag: rebound @ 🐢 or 🐇 ?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Starting from scratch on suspension settings to set sag @ 30%, where should the rebound setting be to begin with, fully open 🐇 or fully damped 🐢 or maybe in the middle?

I ask as fully open can raise / support the bike.

No compression on the SID fork but shock has 3 settings of compression so interested in views on this too.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter.

thols2

As long as it’s not cranked full closed, it shouldn’t make any difference, the shock will settle to the same static sag. However, you normally start by setting damping to the middle of the range and then adjust from there.

SirHC
    jimthesaint

If you want to know if it makes any difference back the rebound fully off and measure the sag, then wind the rebound fully on and measure the sag.

How much of a difference it makes is compounded by the sprung weight (you) and how free moving the suspension is (drag in seals and bearings).

If it makes little to no difference then it doesn’t matter, it it does effect it then set sag with the rebound wound off.

beer247
    Free Member

Don’t most set-up guides recommend having all damping circuits full open when setting sag? So rebound to the fastest setting.

joebristol

I normally start everything fully open – particularly on the fork.

zerocool

I always start with full bunny and gradually add more tortoises throughout my ride until it sucks. Then I take away some tortoises again.

When I’m setting sag I leave the compression off and rebrand at Max bunny.

qwerty
    Free Member

Cheers all @SirHC video link is where I’ll be restarting my set up. I need to wipe the slate clean and start again & it sounds like sensible advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.