Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Servicing XT SPDs
  • alanf
    Free Member

I've discovered a bit of play in my drive side pedal – slackened off the 'nut' which sits between pedal and axle but then nothing.
    What should I be expecting to happen at this point? The nut seems to slacken off but then become stuck on the axle further up. Should the pedal body come off at this point or do I need to do something else?

Thanks in advance

alanf
    Free Member

Bump

Anyone know owt about this?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alanf
    Free Member

Thanks Dibbs – I'll take a look at that!

Zukemonster
    Free Member

I was about to post something similar, I managed to get the nut and bottom of the pedal off, regreased and retightned, but didn't improve anything….

I'll take a look at that link

Dibbs
    Free Member

It's easiest to adjust the bearings if you have the correct tool:-

But I've just noticed that its gone up to £45 (glad I didn't pay that for mine, many years ago).

Andy-W
    Free Member

I got a new complete axle for my drive side pedal for bout 25 quid, not cheap i know but that was my only option.(or buy a new pair of pedals and mine were only 12mths old)

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Dibbs isn't that tool just a spanner?

alanf
    Free Member

Andy W – so did you fit the new axle yourself? I'm struggling to split the pedal body from the axle – does it just knock off once the nut is slackened off?

Skoolshoes
    Free Member
    jimw
    Free Member

if you slacken of the nut and then carry on turning against a resistance the nut will push the pedal body off the rotating shaft as shown on above website link, which then exposes the bearing adjustment nuts. you can then adjust the slack out – I use a spanner and a socket as they have done. Have done this a couple of times for my pedals over the past three years and they are still spinning very well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Servicing XT SPDs’ is closed to new replies.