Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Servicing my U turn forks
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’m going to have a stab at servicing my u turn motion control dual air ’11 revelations, a friend who services his fox forks has agreed to assist so it should all go fine. However they have a problem where when i wind the travel up or down at every click of the u turn dial i lose some air, to the point where they need pumping up on the trail if i use the dial. A couple of times they have completely deflated like this. I was wondering whether i need to get a full service kit or could just get away with an oil change and changing the guilty o ring(assuming that’s the issue), and if so which one it could be.
    Cheers

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Get the full service kit with all the rings. If you don’t need them, they’ll keep. It is not too dificult. Check SRAM site and YouTube for how-to guides.

Take time to make sure the fork is fully empty of air, and make sure you do not scratch the inside of the air-tube.

chrishc777
    Free Member

cheers, wanted to keep cost down as i’ll have to get 5wt and 15wt oil as well.. do they need special grease? the sram manual says ‘suspension oil soluble’ grease

bigyinn
    Free Member

How much gease does it need? I’ve got an old pot of judy butter which will probably do the job.

chrishc777
    Free Member

doesn’t specify a quantity,,

PJM1974
    Free Member

You need a service kit – some Revelations had a manufacturing issue I believe, my own Revs have burped air on occasion but new seals seemed to have sorted it.

I generally smear some grease on the insides of the seals and around the bearings. For the internals I just ensure that the seals are liberally drizzled with 5wt or 10wt oil.

15wt in the legs to keep the stanchions nice and moist, but you can mix oils on the damping side if you prefer a firmer feel. I’ve got 7.5wt in my Pikes and I quite like it that way.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I use Stendec Easy Glide Fork Grease. You think can use any weight of oil for the lowers. Heavier stuff is more ‘clingy’. I have used 30wt stuff that was left over from sevicing some Maguras.

chrishc777
    Free Member

cheers, stendec crystal for fluid any good? reasonably priced on crc

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m not sure if this kit will have an appropriate O-ring for your forks given that they’re U-Turn, but it’s certainly a cheaper way to get the right bits for a service

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rock-Shox-Reba-Race-O-rings-Seals-Crush-Washer-kit-/181195150976?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2a30129680

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Servicing my U turn forks’ is closed to new replies.