Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Servicing Lyriks and Pikes, where to get new o-rings and glide rings?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

I’ll be servicing both pairs of forks and in the tech manual it recommends changing the o rings and glide rings but i don’t know where to get them from.

I’m guessing a “normal” o ring will be ok but what size but not sure about the glide ring.

(i have emailed my lbs as they are a RS dealer but i thought it would be quicker to ask on here too!)

ta

stumpy01

Have you given tft tuned a ring – I think they sell spares.

Have you done this before?
    I serviced a pair of Judys using the RS manual and it was all straightforward apart from getting the XXX seals out and new ones in!
    I pretty much butchered a new set of seals putting them in. The manual makes it seem easy and mentions no specific tools or techniques – but it’s a real git if you don’t have a proper seal press.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

thers a guide on how to service them somewhere on the net (can’t be bothered finding it again). It said you can buy vareity bags of O-rings from halfords that would fit.

swisstony
    Free Member

I’ve done lots of oil changes and main seals but never o rings, but both forks are poorly so i thought i’d do the full hit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Servicing Lyriks and Pikes, where to get new o-rings and glide rings?’ is closed to new replies.