Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • servicing Hope Pro2 rear hub issue?
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

Hi, what would be the consequences of using too much grease when reassembling a rear pro2 hub, other than it no longer being comfortingly loud when freewheeling?! would the expected noise return in time, or should i probably open it up and remove some of the excess?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Nope leave it. I pack all my hope hubs (x3) with grease. A quiet hub is a nicely greased hub. When they go loud I know to whack some more in.

The only issue I had once was using wheel bearing grease – really sticky stuff can prevent pawls engaging.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

You dont need loads of grease in there, take a look at the Hopetech videos. But worse that would happen would be that some of the pawls could get stuck down, if the springs dont overcome any stickiness in the grease.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it’s not mega sticky grease that i used, just some finish line PTFE stuff so i’ll leave it then!
    made the mistake of putting it back together without refreshing my memory with the hopetech vid; watching it afterwards is what made me realise i’d gone overboard with the grease!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘servicing Hope Pro2 rear hub issue?’ is closed to new replies.