Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Servicing a CB Joplin dropper post
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Not by me! Who does servicing them now a days, last time I spoke to 2pure it was Scotland way. Anyone in the south west area?
    Before anyone says I tried servicing my forks and ended up sending them to loco to fix!

v666ern
    Free Member

Morning bump

dvatcmark
    Free Member

2 pure are the only ones as far as I know.

Why does it need servicing?

v666ern
    Free Member

Its becoming juddery & It’s no longer smooth returning up + I’ve had it 18 months and done nothing to it.
    I’ll give 2 pure a call as I am mechanically inept

ojom
    Free Member

Sorry to say we can’t help. You need to speak to Extrauk.co.uk

Mark@2p

(We stopped dealing with CB in January)

v666ern
    Free Member

Thanks ojom

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Splitting the upper and lower tubes for a clean / re grease is really easy, just one 10mm bolt.

It only needs a pofessional if the internal seals need replacing. This will be the case if the post sinks in its own.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

loads of guides on the tinterweb (several posted here if you use advanced search as some were a while ago, blow-by-blow guides cut and paste from mtbr IIRC), lowers clean and air topup is pretty simple but theres a few tricks to make sure the air goes to the right place! A lowers-only clean is pretty hard to screw up.

We had seals done by 2Pure under warranty a while ago and got a handwritten note complimenting the state of the post as they didnt receive many that had been maintained 8)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I hope Extra offer as good a service as 2Pure did – they were excellent when I wanted to service the post myself and send me seals etc for nowt in the post!

v666ern
    Free Member

Will give it a try then, I’ll take pics so you can all laugh at me!

v666ern
    Free Member

Alright you smug gits, I’ve given it a re-grease and it ‘seems’ better!
    When I get it back on the bike I’ll know if I’m a spannering god or just a spanner!
    Thanks all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Servicing a CB Joplin dropper post’ is closed to new replies.