Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 286 total)
  • Serious IT help needed!
  • rickmeister

Lets hope he changes his forum name soon to Zedsverymuchaliveandfullofbeanswithmycompoandnewjobthankyouverymuch

akira

No-one has suggested any urination in footwear yet I note.
    Man that sucks, sounds like the IT department should be looking for new jobs, hope it hoes well.

Spesh99
    Free Member

I’ve just read the entire thread for the first time and if I read it correctly then the logs don’t show the actual url of the images that were downloaded just domain names- I can’t believe the IT guys are this incompetent. After browsing Mlehworld for a few minutes I found that I had downloaded a number of images from dontclickthis.whatingods.name (and due to a number of them being animated gifs they were many MB in size like you mentioned). To me it is blatantly obvious what has happened- just show them the source of this webpage http://mlehworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23032 and you will see that stumos avatar is downloaded from dontclickthis.whatingods.name whenever you view that page. If the IT people can’t have worked this out then I don’t know why they are in the job (I blame these stupid certification things these IT people have- but that is more the HR fault who see these qualifications and think they actually mean something). Get your ex-boss to view that one (completely innocent) page I mentioned above on his PC and then have the IT guys look at his log and among other sites dontclickthis.whatingods.name will be in his log (this might not work now that the website has been blacklisted by IT- but get them to temporarily remove it from the blacklist and it will work)

I hope you win your unfair dismissal case and that your IT bods are sacked too. Give us an update soon.

uplink
    Free Member

One thing that a HR consultant kept telling me was that disciplinary hearings aren’t a court of law & that those doing the investigation only have to reasonably believe that something is so or happened – they don’t have to prove it or be factually correct for it to be a fair dismissal

Hope things turn out OK for the fella

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hope all works itself out!

sq225917
    Free Member

disciplinary hearings aren’t a court of law. That’s where you go next..for revenge.

uplink
    Free Member

disciplinary hearings aren’t a court of law. That’s where you go next..for revenge.

What I meant was – the fact that his bosses got the facts wrong doesn’t necessarily make the dismissal – legally – unfair

Let’s hope he gets a result at appeal & it doesn’t go that far

bruneep

anything to report yet Zed?

Have you manage to get another job?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I was wondering about this aswell…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I believe Zedsdead is awaiting various letters arriving / things being confirmed and will update once the situation is solid.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m sure he has more pressing issues than updating STW at the moment, hope he’s ok.

bruneep

I’m sure he has more pressing issues than updating STW at the moment

What could be more important that posting on here? 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding boring….

Is it looking good for you (understand if you still can’t say anything)?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It’s okay, I’ve been thinking about posting for a while.

The reason for the long delay is that there is still some stuff going on. I’ll not go into too much detail about that though.

The upshot is that I went to the appeal meeting (was advised to go through all their procedures) armed with a 12 page report I had put together……

Now, I’ll take this opportunity to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped me with this here. I have been in touch with some of you personally and I genuinly mean it when I say I couldn’t have got going without your help. And to all who posted on here too, a massive massive thanks. I always knew I hadn’t done anything but couldn’t figure out what on earth was going on!
    I’ll not write too much about myself but this has made me realise I’m pretty naieve, until now I always went through life thinking that most people were alright. I still think most probably are but my eyes have been well and truly opened to just how bad some poeple can be. The callous disregard for a person which I have been subjected to is disgusting. Life eh?……
    Still, after the meeting (which I made sure I took a witness in with me) they decided that they had been a little hasty with their decision.

U n b e l i e v a b l e !

So, I’m then asked to go back to work. I had indeed done NOTHING!!!!!

It’s best I don’t go any further with what is, and will be, happening. It’s all in the hands of my solicitor now. I am earning the beans again so financially I’m okay for now – well as financially okay as you can be when you support a wife and 3 kids haha!

It’s been an unbelievable situation which I had never had any experience of, never known anyone who has been in a similar situation and I’ve never experienced stress or worry like it! Truly horrible and it all leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

Again to everyone involved, I’m so gratefull that this site exists – I would still be in a daze wondering what on earth happened if it hadn’t been for you all.

To STW, you have a subscriber for life.

To all who helped here, thanks for looking out for me.

To those who I was personally in touch with, thanks – you are the people in life who make me realise that things aint so bad, there are still some very good people around.

And to everyone, keep doing what you’re doing.

I seriously hope I can return the favour one day.

And finally, one of the things I do is help to run a BMX club. There’s an open day event later in the year. I’ll be there organising/racing/marshalling/first aiding and helping run the BBQ. You’re all welcome to head over and I’ll cook you up some nice grub etc..

Thank you all.

soobalias
    Free Member

basically a positive note, glad to hear it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Very good news indeed.

Very happy for you!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Good news – glad it’s all working out.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Well done mate, glad to hear that things are working out for you after the shameless way you were treated.

To the guys off STW who helped out Zedsdead – well done – there really are some fantastic people on STW 🙂

Sandwich

Now for the shoe/urine interface!

samuri
    Free Member

excellent news, happy it’s been sorted but sad it happened at all.

One small point from a support perspective….

I can’t believe the IT guys are this incompetent.

while I agree that not logging the full URL is a complete failing (and that the staff don’t seem very good at their jobs), we found when we started logging full URL’s rather than just domain hits, the disk space required to capture and store that information jumped tenfold and a large investment was immediately required to cope. They may have tried and hit this issue.

theflatboy
    Free Member

awesome – was a reader of this thread rather than adding to the knowledge and info provided by others, and am glad to hear that it sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel’s shining on you. 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Great News 🙂

nukeproof
    Free Member

This is top news…genuinely well chuffed for you. 😀

until now I always went through life thinking that most people were alright.

They are…you just got very unlucky (understatment!). Hope is doesn’t dent your faith in others too much but understand its going to take a while for that faith to be restored…this thread is a good starting place

bruneep

Good news Zed.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Excellent news and hats off to all those who helped out.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That is great news and quite amazing they can now just give you your job back when, in fact, I am sure you would prefer a hefty compensation package and never have to go back ever again. But, in the eyes of any future tribunal you might bring against them, they have followed the procedures and given you your job back so you would be unsuccessful in any claim.

Still – I bet you’ll be looking elsewhere straight away. I know I would.

chomp
    Free Member

glad to hear things are progressing in the right direction, and hope the final outcome is something that compensates you for what you have been through.

I’ve mostly found that when you people come in contact with the sh1ts of the world and make a cry for help, there is often people willing\happy to help out.

Kudos to the STW massive, and proof that while some of the posts here make you wonder why you bother, deep down people aren’t so bad (even some of the proper sh1 ts)

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

that’s fantastic news, Zed!!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

🙂 <— my face upon reading your post.

Rich
    Free Member

First time Ive seen this thread somehow!

What a roller-coaster of emotions.

Best of luck in the future.

snowslave

Like tracker says…. An uplifting story!

rickmeister

Great result Zed echo all the comments on here…. hope things calm down a bit now….

Harry_the_Spider

Nice one. Really good result for you.

I showed this to our IT guy when it first happened (just in case some nasties showed up in my logs!) and he couldn’t believe what he was reading.

Your MD should should skin the people responsible for this.

spooky_b329

Really glad things are looking up for you 🙂

I assume you are now being payed but have not returned to work? I don’t think you have to return and can still go for unfair dismissal if you feel your relationship with them has been damaged to a point that you wouldn’t be happy working with them?

(I may be talking crap)

andrew
    Free Member

I’ve just read this thread for the first time. I’m not an IT bod but know how *some* interweb things work and I was increasingly gobsmacked as the thread progressed. I was also increasingly appalled by the HR/IT/Management at your place of your work – I take Samuri’s point above but for them not to see the various calls that mlehworld made and not work out what happened from there: idiocy – and as for the management’s “You’ve had your chance” attitude at the meeting called to allow them to collect ‘extra information’. Pathetic, duplicitous, thick-headed gets.

Hats off to all that helped and onwards and upwards zed 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Fantastic news. I’ve been following this (okay, I maybe skipped some of the techie stuff), and am very chuffed it all seems to be working out.

We were discussing in work yesterday those 8 scum that have just been convicted up here here for child abuse, and were saying how there are some horrible people out there (not that your IT folk are anything like that mind; just woefully useless). However when you read about all the folk who helped on here, many of whom are complete strangers I guess, it does make you realise the vast bulk of folk are pretty decent.

I ran in the Edinburgh 10K last week, and with 10,000 folk running and thousands more cheering, it had a fantastic feel-good factor to it. Just a pity I’m a crap runner.

Anyway, well done everyone involved, great work.

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive been following this thread to, I’m really glad your getting it sorted out Zed, all the best for the future 😀

Drac

Followed it too and glad you sorted for now. And yes disciplinarys are awful things to go through and I’m not giving any details what so ever but will say on the other side of the fence and raising an issue that lead to disciplinary is god awful too over a year now and I’ve still got people to talk to.

DrJ

Great news, Zed.

STW is really a top place!!!

kaya
    Free Member

Good to hear a positive outcome, Now have 12 months on the sick with work related stress and tell them you want full pay as well 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 286 total)

The topic ‘Serious IT help needed!’ is closed to new replies.