Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Sent from my iPhone
  • jon1973
    Free Member

..er..nobody is interested.

Sent from my Samsung Note, whilst sitting in front of the TV, drinking a cup of tea.

jam-bo

It’s a default setting I haven’t bothered to change.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair to the accused, it’s a default setting that many either a) don’t know how to turn off, or b) can’t be bothered.

I don’t think they do it just to annoy you.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Sunday today – no daily mail, so find something else pointless to get annoyed about

matt_outandabout

Sent from my zx spectrum. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Sent from my zx spectrum.

somafunk

Be the first to like this

Why?…… I don’t like anything and i don’t use/have social media so why should i give a flying ****

Kipper pouted selfies on “insert photo app of choice here”… in fact any bloody selfie – get over yourself you needy, vacuous self publicising whores of Gomorra

Click here to tell others you have just bought ………Why?….are some of us really so shallow and insecure that we need to affirm our social and spending power status amongst a random collection of arbitrary online friends.

Perhaps at the age of 42 i am just too old and jaded to really give a toss about anything anymore……..i wonder if there’s enough petrol in the lawnmower to advertise my Mleh…. with a bout of good old fashioned self immolation

connect2

It’s company policy at my work to have ‘sent from my mobile device’ in email signatures so recipients can make allowances for poor formatting and spelling mistakes etc

boxelder

vacuous self publicising whores of Gomorra

Sod ’em……

somafunk

Yeah!….to hell wi the lot o’ em……….

rwamartin
    Free Member

Perhaps at the age of 42 i am just too old and jaded to really give a toss about anything anymore……..

wait ’til you get to 53………

Drac

Be the first to like this

Why?…… I don’t like anything and i don’t use/have social media so why should i give a flying

Are you sure about that? For one how do you see that message not to mention how did you tell a forum about that message? 😀

somouk
    Free Member

It’s company policy at my work to have ‘sent from my mobile device’ in email signatures so recipients can make allowances for poor formatting and spelling mistakes etc

A few of our guys do it for this reason, most add ‘I apologise for any formatting errors’ to the end so people understand. Seems reasonable to me.

aracer
    Free Member

Perhaps at the age of 42 i am just too old and jaded to really give a toss about anything anymore……..i wonder if there’s enough petrol in the lawnmower to advertise my Mleh…. with about of good old fashioned self immolation

aracer
    Free Member

A few of our guys do it for this reason, most add ‘I apologise for any formatting errors’ to the end so people understand. Seems reasonable to me.

What’s the problem with just making the effort to format and spell properly? I manage it most of the time on here where it doesn’t really matter.

Sent from my Xperia Ray which autocorrects my spelling and usually gets it eight.

somafunk

Are you sure about that? For one how do you see that message not to mention how did you tell a forum about that message?

This isn’t so much a forum, more such a care in the community pressure valve for venting righteous indignation as we strive to remain sane in a sea of hanging from the ceiling bat shit craziness that goes on outside our front doors.

Drac

This isn’t so much a forum, more such a care in the community pressure valve for venting righteous indignation as we strive to remain sane in a sea of hanging from the ceiling bat shit craziness that goes on outside our front doors.

Touché

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m still trying to work out what lit Somafunk’s fuse. How did we get on to ‘liking’ things? Did a post get deleted?

CountZero

Mine has this on emails: iPhone????
    Just because I can.
    So there. 😛

scotroutes

[img]http://www.jeffbullas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/How-To-Facebook-Like-Your-Google-Search.jpg[/img]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cool thread, bro.

Sent from my iPhone 8.

somafunk

I’d just bought some merino undercrackers on sport pursuit and it offered me the opportunity to show-off/broadcast/tell others what i had just bought and along with the like option appearing everywhere these days i felt the need to vent my righteous indignation on a public forum, seeing as jon1973 started a pointless venting thread i thought in true stw fashion that i’d appropriate/hijack it for my own needs.

😉

scaredypants

boxelder – Member

Sod ’em…… [/quote]I think you’re making rather a Lot of this

large418
    Free Member

Changed mine to say “sent from my telephone”. Sounds much less like “did I tell you I have an iPhone”

stevious

I tend to view ‘Sent from my **whatever device**’ to mean ‘I got this email on a small screen when I was out & about so I haven’t really read the email I’m replying to’.

MrSmith
    Free Member

What’s the problem with just making the effort to format and spell properly? I manage it most of the time on here where it doesn’t really matter.

Because when you are on a shoot holding a camera/light stand/champagne flute in one hand and typing with your thumb on a phone with the other a few errors slip through.

As posted above having the ‘sent from my iPhone’ signature gives a reason for the short and possibly badly typed reply.

Russell96

When I see it in work I usually think that they are too lazy, stupid, don’t give a toss or are too far up their own behind, when to enroll their device they have had to follow a reasonably complex user guide to set up. All on a web page that also includes guidance on how to set your signature.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Because when you are on a shoot holding a camera/light stand/champagne flute in one hand and typing with your thumb on a phone with the other a few errors slip through.

Why not wait until you can type it properly, then?

There’s no email that important that it can’t wait, at least for almost everyone on here.

metalheart
    Free Member

Ironically after, oh over a year this morning I finally got around to switching off the ‘sent from my windows phone…..

Sent from my three year old iPad.

ETA – Apologies for my grammar, that ^^^ is **** abysmal…. 😳

jota180
    Free Member

All my work emails are from a phone, good excuse to keep it short and to the point, don’t have to bother with all that “Hi xxxxx” or “Kind Regards” bollocks, one line usually does it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

There’s no email that important that it can’t wait

For you maybe?
    If I get an email often I have to reply or mail somebody else to make a booking or confirm a date/studio/hiring assistants etc while I’m right in the middle of doing something that I can’t down tools on and start composing an email on a computer so I’ll quickly send a 2 line mail from the phone.
    also while I’m on the tube I have sent and received quick emails while the train pulls into a station and before it leaves, so no time for a lengthy word perfect response.
    Only last week somebody had a deadline shift and they needed to know if I could FTP a file ASAP that evening, I could have left them sweating as I travelled home but decided to let them know with a one line email sent from an iPhone while 20m underground.

Jamie
    Free Member

For you maybe?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

to make a booking or confirm a date/studio/hiring assistants etc

Ooooh, life or death situation right there!

somafunk

Now…Now…we’ll have no fighting on a school night.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

No, just really annoying if the bit of kit/person/location/job goes elsewhere because I didn’t respond to an email quickly.
    I ‘option’ people/things/locations all the time and wait for confirmation, often others also have those things booked but unconfirmed. You snooze you lose.

ourmaninthenorth

It’s to avoid confusion when you’re remote from your office and you need to let people know that you’ve just ringpieced the unicorn.

konabunny
    Free Member

Sod ’em……

I think you’re making rather a Lot of this

he’s definitely going a Lydda bit too far.

DrJ

No, just really annoying if the bit of kit/person/location/job goes elsewhere because I didn’t respond to an email quickly.
    I ‘option’ people/things/locations all the time and wait for confirmation, often others also have those things booked but unconfirmed. You snooze you lose.

Perhaps, but it hardly compares with a message from Flashy’s tailor, now does it?

rocketman
    Free Member

Sent from my Samsung Note

Oh dear 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Sent from my iPhone’ is closed to new replies.