Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • senseo coffee machine yeah or nae
  • juan
    Free Member

I need a coffee machine, should I buy a standard coffee machine or a sensao as I quite fancy one.

jojoA1
    Free Member

NONONONONOnonononononono!!! get a nice stove top esspresso maker, like they have in France! 🙂 Proper classic design.

juan
    Free Member

jojo I am not that rich 🙁
    The boiler died so I had to fix a water heater tank, I had to paint the whole flat, buy furnitures, dishes and I have not finished the kitchen :'(

So around 70-80€ is the max I can spend… Are you still up for June?

JXXX

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That is the cheaapest option juan! http://kransom.com/Bialetti-Moka-Express-Stovetop-Espresso-Maker/M/B0001WYDP0.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle-GB&id=uk

But if you like coffee, avoid pop machines. I had a cheap espresso maker for ages and loved it – just upgraded to a Gaggia 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

I thought you were supposed to be french?? 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Not a big fancy one, one of the little ones that you put on the stove.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, I would have seriously poo-poo’d a senseo some time ago, being the proud owner of a Gaggia Classic. However, used one in a client’s house not so long ago (naughty me…hee hee, they’d put out the Nescafe but I found their stash of pods and helped myself) and considering the price, it was actually all right. It’s all very well for the rest of us to talk about our big expensive coffee machines, but for people on a budget, things like the senseo aren’t bad at all. Not as good as a Gaggia but better than a stove-top espresso maker IMO.

jacktomomax
    Free Member

i used one on the weekend thought it was very good, quick easy to use & clean, but i think the pods things are not that cheap. i would get one

juan
    Free Member

JoJo I see it’s called a moka machine 😉 I though stove top esspresso maker were percolateurs, way out of my pocket (the percolateur not the moka machine)
    Well I don’t want anything with hard pods like tassimo or nespresso, way too much rubbish out of it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t a percolator the thing that pumps the water up to the top, lets it filter back down into the pot and redoes this for a certain amount of time depending on how strong you want it? I’m sure we had one as a kid but I haven’t seen one in years.

juan
    Free Member

a percolator is a proper bar coffee machine, like in coffe shop
    😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No it’s not; this is a percolator…the coffee sits in a basket in the top…the clear thing lets you see the colour of the coffee as it brews:

juan
    Free Member

no no
    LOL
    big coffee machine in a bar = Percolateur… south of the channel anyway 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Surely anything that allows water to run through coffee grounds is a percolator, regardless of its trade name, as thats the process of percolation? As it works in the same way it should produce the same results give or take?

Potdog
    Free Member

Did you mean one of these stove top babies?

Cheap as chips over here in the supermarket.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Juan – Buy the machine off me. If you don;t like it I will take it back when you come to the Big Bike Bash.

Where are you based now?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus WCA, you were only made redundant the other day, finances that bad?

juan
    Free Member

I am in france WCA and I don’t want a tassimo, to much rubbish not the most green coffee machine, but if you need 80£ I’ll wired them to you 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not yet, It was a pressie from Mum and I just don’t use it.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Is this the coffee lounge again.?

Ah the memories…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘senseo coffee machine yeah or nae’ is closed to new replies.