Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Senna
  • SBrock
    Free Member

I got the Blu Ray for Xmas, just watched it….. It has really moved me. I know we all know the outcome but what a great guy taken from the world of F1.

Definitely a must-see……..again!

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, fantastic, wish I’d seen it at the cinema.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup watched it Boxing Day, really good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hadge
    Free Member

I remember the tragic weekend like it was yesterday – Rubens crash, Rolands tragic death and of course Senna’s. I just sat there starring at the tv just waiting to hear good news but alas no. The film is brilliant and also shows an insight into the politics of F1 we just didn’t and don’t see too.

GW
    Free Member

Did my present wrapping (badly) while it was on last week,
    I’m not an F1 fan at all and didn’t really know who he was when his death was in the news but found it very watchable. most memorable part for me tho was the Brazilian/French dialogue intentionally not being subtitled, seemed weird at first but it kinda worked quite well.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I remember the weekend well too – drove up to Mastiles Lane (my namesake) for an afternoon ride and heard he had crashed but it wasn’t meant to be serious. A couple of hours later when I got back to my car he was dead.

Harry_the_Spider

Watched it last night with tears in my eyes. The bit when his head slumped forwards after the car had stopped… heart breaking.

bigdaddy

I got it for Christmas too, great film, brings it all back – I agree it feels like yesterday. The footage of Ratenburger’s crash is pretty disturbing too, you can tell he’s gone before the car stops 🙁

SBrock
    Free Member

Was reading that according to Italian law that if there is a fatality at a sporting event it should be stopped, but wasn’t…..may of prevented The death of Senna.

Harry_the_Spider

I was amazed how exposed the drivers were in the cockpit.

stanfree
    Free Member

One of the best Sports documentaries I’ve watched and Im not even a F1 fan. The guy seemed like a true gent and his rivalry with Alan Prost really comes across in the movie.

peterfile
    Free Member

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”

Can’t believe that was 1994. Senna was a legend and died a legend. As morbid as it may be, I think his death (however untimely) was somehow “appropriate” for a man who pushed himself to the limit every day he got into that car.

After seeing the look on my grandfather’s face as he wet himself at the dinner table on xmas day (a former chief of police), I know how, and roughly when, I want to go. 🙄

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Brilliant documentary and it hasn’t made the short list for a Golden Globe (Mark Kermode off Five Live been ranting about that and he has no interest in motor thread). I remember it well as it was when I was a teenager and it was the only time we were allowed to eat with lunch on our laps in front of the TV was when the Grand Prix was on. It was as clear as yesterday I remember it well as I was young, first sport I watched I cried at! Watched Senna on plane recently and despite knowing what happened it still brough a tear to my eye!

mashiehood
    Free Member

Hmmm, I grew up idolising Mansell and Prost, yes senna was amazing but people forget Prost beat him regularly and the only reason they fell out was when senna went back on his word in imola. So, I wasn’t that impressed with the film

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Just watched this too. Seems a bit eerie how it almosts seems de ja vu with hamilton in his treatment! His response to Jackies criticism of him crashing was pure brilliance. “The day I stop going for gaps I stop being a racing driver” .

Such a waste of talent but at least he was doing what he loved and had been pretty successful before he went! Could do with a few more drivers like him now, not afraid to speak out against the polictics of it all!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So, who was it that ignored the red & parked next to the scene to have a look? That alone says more about how humanity has changed then anything else I have ever seen, great film BTW.

xcstu
    Free Member

I grew up watching this man…

great film… when racing was real racing!!! a must see

hora
    Free Member

I remember hearing the news. I’d made a call to mrshora and her telling me the news confirming that he was dead. Doesn’t seem that many years ago.

Agree with the cockpits- very exposed looking.

I watched Senna at the cinema and earlier this week and it chokes you abit doesn’t it? I’ve also just watched disc2’s interviews. I didn’t know that Senna had written a note to Prost at Imola saying he was missed.

That Williams, it also hilights how good Damon was both as a testdriver and a racer.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Great documentary (apart from the easy targeting of Prost as the pantomime villain). It’s a shocker it’s been overlooked for the Oscars longlist though.

Coyote
    Free Member

Really no interest in F1 but watched this with friends. What a fantastic film. Room seemed to get a bit dusty toward the end of the film too..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Senna’ is closed to new replies.