Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sending something to Czech republic – Ebay sale
  • organic355
    Free Member

Just sold something on ebay of minor value (£3). Turns out the winning bidder doesn't have a UK mailing addressed and wants me to send to Czech Republic.

At fist I said I would only send to a UK address, unless they wanted to cough up the extra (£5) postage, which they have now done.

Think I will be OK to send it?, they have a high ebay rating (159), but do seem very desperate for me to leave feedback already even though the transaction isn't complete yet, asking for feedback in every email.

If I send recorded within the UK (International signed for) am I covered against any loss once it leaves the UK?

Cheers

stinker
    Free Member

Hi Organic,

My wife is Czech, and we send prezzies out to CZ every year for the nieces and nephews etc. It's usually ok, but I think having your parcel rummaged through or even go missing at their side of things is quite usual. Not being negative mate, this is through experience. 🙁

bruneep

<Tin foil hat on>
    Could buyer could be building up +'ve feedback for a bigger scam later on?

<tin foil hat off>

atlaz
    Free Member

To be fair that happens a lot where ever you post stuff. I had some stuff removed from a package in the US and a friend had the same happen in the UK.

organic355
    Free Member

I just want to know that if I send it "International signed for", and it gets "lost" in CZ, does the buyer have any comeback on me? Cant really be arsed having to claim, for such a low value item.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sending something to Czech republic – Ebay sale’ is closed to new replies.