• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • sending lights via RM….?
  • D0NK

Will I die have my lights seized by some dodgy privateer postie and flogged on ebay?
    This page says

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when not sent with, or contained in/connected to an electronic device, are prohibited.

I’m sending some hope lights back to hope, from that ^^^ it sounds like if the batterry is plugged into the lamp unit it’s kosher, if it’s unplugged it’ll be impounded. any ideas?
    or alternatives I can arrange easily

aidso
    Free Member

I used to be a distributor of lights and can confirm the whole unit has to be attached. I questioned it with RM – that it would be safer to disconnect – but thems the rules :).

TPTcruiser

I recently sent some See.Sense lights back for their upgrade, the Post Office were much more diligent in their questions but allowed the lithium ion batteries through. Integral batteries.

D0NK

aidso – yeah but empty air forks/shocks going missing suggests some rule bending may be going on – if I connect them what’s to stop someone opening the package disconnecting them and saying oh look these’ll have to be “destroyed”

Integral batteries.

definitely sound more acceptable to RM rules, not the case with these tho 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve sent lights back to Exposure a couple of times.

Me – how much for this parcel please?

Lady behind counter – what’s in it?

Me – just some bike lights

Her – ok, that will be £xxxx

Never had a problem.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The problem is where some depots are doing scans now of parcels and then decide to confiscate it without your say and sell it on ebay. It’s not even someone dodgy selling them, they actually have an official ebay account to sell the “confiscated” items, and they refuse to return them to the owner!

More likely to have a problem though with imports as they are more likely to be scanned.

D0NK

some depots are doing scans now of parcels and then decide to confiscate it without your say and sell it on ebay.

I wonder who they post it with once sold….?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘sending lights via RM….?’ is closed to new replies.