Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sending back Mavic clothing
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Mavic Stratos shorts about 3 months ago. One of the two belt poppers came off within a week which I could live with. Now the inner stitching is starting to unravel and I ripped a hole in the mesh liner when I pulled them on at the weekend.

Havent ever sent clothing back before (life is too short etc) but am really quite annoyed at this as they aint cheap (£79). I dont have the receipt I dont think, got them from a local shop. Take them back there or send them back direct or forget it altogether?

uplink
    Free Member

Take them back to where you bought them from

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Go on a diet

mcboo
    Free Member

Thats not the problem and well you know it…..

mrmo
    Free Member

your contract is with the shop you bought them from, and you don’t NEED a receipt, did you buy with a card? the bank statement may be enough to convince them you bought it.

Mavic might be nice, however which distributor did they come through? Mavic’s distribution in the UK was a bit of a mess until recently. Which would mean sending them back to France…etc…etc…

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Whilst I still think you need to go on a diet, I recently sent my Endura Singletrack shorts back to CRC and they changed them no problem. They were bought in October too!

mcboo
    Free Member

Spoke to the shop, they were cool, said as above, bring them back and they will swap for something harder wearing….Mavic stuff is lovely and space-age but I’m not sure their current range is built to last.

DezB
    Free Member

Mmmm… Mavic day-glo shoes. All the pros wear em.
    Barf!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Mr Mcboo was going to get some of them. I’ve always said he has no style 😉

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

I am surprised they haven’t recalled those shorts.. it’s the stratos right?

Every pair we had in our shop had the poppers pull straight out, as they’ve downright used the wrong fabric for mounting them in (super thin, stretchy lyrca).

I would take them back, and cite the design flaw… But without the reciept you may have more luck contacting mavic themselves .. they sell direct in the UK now .. no distributor.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sending back Mavic clothing’ is closed to new replies.