Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sending a frame to EU country via eBay Global Sipping-any pitfals etc?
  • strike
    Free Member

As per title, likely I’ll be selling a frame via eBay to a buyer in Slovakia and eBay GPS appears best way to send – is there anything I need to be aware of and watch out for?  The frame will sell for around £600.

chrismac

I have sold components on ebay to EU countries using this method, It all worked really well. You pay the postage to the UK hub and the buyer pays the fee to ship it from there to their home. I would use it again.

simon_g

Yes, I’ve sold quite a bit through it – weaker pound means overseas buyers are willing to pay more.

As said, you’re only responsible for shipping it to ebay’s UK hub, everything after that is up to ebay.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Never had a problem with it .

captmorgan
    Free Member

Be aware that often ebays shipping agent will repack items to reduce shipping cost and package size.

this certainly happens in transatlantic shipping I only mention this as a incorrectly packaged frame is susceptible to damage.

if you do it take loads of pre and post packing so if there’s an issue on delivery you can prove that ebays agent has repacked and at fault.

strike
    Free Member

captmorgan – Thanks for that tip.

njee20
    Free Member

this certainly happens in transatlantic shipping I only mention this as a incorrectly packaged frame is susceptible to damage.

But you’re only responsible for the shipping to the eBay distribution centre. If they repack it and it gets damaged (or lost) thereafter eBay take the hit, and it still counts as a successful delivery for you. As a seller it’s the best way to ship internationally! The rates aren’t fantastic as a buyer, but on something like a frame that’s probably not that significant.

captmorgan
    Free Member

Yep I know you are only responsible to ebays agent, hence saying have loads of photos of how it’s packed, without them how do you evidence that you packed it sufficiently and it’s ebays agent who have caused the damage?

just because it arrives with eBay doesn’t mean that they might try and push the old ‘that dent was on the frame when it arrived…’

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sending a frame to EU country via eBay Global Sipping-any pitfals etc?’ is closed to new replies.