Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Selling my soul :-(
  • spazzolino
    Free Member

Morning people,

Today is a sad day. I had a bit of bad luck lately, but also some good luck as I am expecting my first child. Basically I have become unemployed and I need to free up some cash.

Last year I built up a cotic soul, large duck egg. Its got full xt and mavic cross trail wheels. I has the hope BB and headset also.

So I’m looking for advice, what do you guys think it is worth? and should I sell in one piece or break the baby down?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Spazz

renton
    Free Member

You will probably get more splitting it but it’s whether or not you can be arsed with the postage faff.

Jamie
    Free Member

General rule of thumb is:

Quick sale, less money > Sell complete.
    Slower sale, more money > Split.

mintimperial

Split it, especially with something like a Soul as people who buy that sort of frame generally know what they want on a bike, and it’s not likely to be the same as what you’ve specced.

When I sold my old Soul frame it shifted really quickly, by the way, you’ll not have much trouble selling it for a decent sum.

iolo
    Free Member

It will be an instant 50 percent plus 10 percent per year you owned it.
    You’ll get another job soon. Don’t be afraid to do a lower paid job until it comes as it keeps money coming into the household.

Jamie
    Free Member

It will be an instant 50 percent plus 10 percent per year you owned it.

So if he’s had it for 2 years, then it’s worth 70% of what he paid for it?

Seems off to me.

iolo
    Free Member

10 percent of the 50 percent 1st year. Then 10 percent of whatever value it was next.

Drac

Keep it you’ll need an escape from troubles and bikes are great for this.

chojin
    Free Member

I’m not sure breaking down your unborn child for parts will make you very popular with the missus.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cash poor, time rich = split

jekkyl

£750? You didn’t mention what forks.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Keep it. It’ll be more costly in the long run when you are in a good position to replace it.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Keep it. It’ll be more costly in the long run when you are in a good position to replace it.

This, if you can. I sold all my bikes last year and I’m still trying to scrabble enough together for a frame. It will be nowhere near the quality of what I had.

Scamper
    Free Member

As a guide a nice example of the latest bfe frame went for £235 on eBay, £400 new with a hope headset. My classic soul went for £190 when I sold it after 18 months, in not great condition. Think you may get a bit more than 50%.?

binners

Do you absolutely have to sell it straight away?

A few years ago I lost my business and spent a stint unemployed. It’s not much fun. In fact I ended up almost suicidaly depressed. During that time I found that a break out on the bike in the hills, in between the endless job applications and speculative CV sending, really did keep me sane. If I ended up in the same situation it would be the absolute last thing to go!

Good luck with the job hunting, and congrats on the impending arrival!

wait4me

I’ll send an email, but I’m looking at building pretty much exactly what you’ve got. Hope you don’t sell it, but if you do please contact me.

Email is p j penfold at hotmail dot com

wait4me

Actually I can’t work out how to contact you so please contact me on the above email. Cheers, Paul

spazzolino
    Free Member

Hey guys,

For who asked: forks are reba rlt 120mm.

Indeed its nice to get out on the bike, but I do have 2 road bikes also, actually 3 if you count my old MBK triathlon form the 80s and another mountain bike coyote HT5.

I think I would feel better getting rid as I feel guilty seeing it there in the garage.

spazzolino
    Free Member

@binners,

Thanks mate!

spazzolino
    Free Member

Just out of interest, when people sell stuff like groupsets. Do they split the group or single sale?

Cheers

philb88
    Free Member

If you are selling, drop me an email with some pics/price to
    Philbaldwin88 at hotmail.com

philb88
    Free Member

Did you sell this?

spazzolino
    Free Member

@philb88

Just dropped you a mail. Definitely selling this baby.

Cheers

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Selling my soul :-(’ is closed to new replies.