Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Selling my Capra, will I regret it?
  • lungman

So I have a Capra cf pro as it’s quite a lot of travel I only use it for DH days and bigger days. But I tend to use my scout for most of the local trails as the Capra feels too much, sluggish and slow and I have a evil insurgent for longer or biggish trails. So I recon the Capra been out 12 days in the last year at most.

So my question is shall I sell it while it’s worth a reasonable amount or keep it and enjoy it occasionally. Will I miss it when it’s gone?

johnnystorm

Get rid while it’s worth something. Having said that I bet a few bikes would be happy if they got out for 12 rides a year! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Make like Elsa and let it go.

Sounds like you are not short of top end bikes to enjoy.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’m not sure. But. Every owner spouts the “it’s a great all-rounder” line, along with the “it climbs like my XC bike” line? Your reason to get rid is some way off that? Every owner I’ve heard leads me to tell you that you should sell all your other bikes and keep this – or is it not what they say it is?

And, surely you sell a bike to fund a new one (to appease the long haired general) or retire a bike as wall art 🙂

If it feels sluggish, have you still got Highrollers on it? They are horrible and made my Capra feel like crap

chrishc777
    Free Member

So you have an insurgent and a scout and a capra?! Obviously money is no or little object so sell the capra and buy a dh bike to ride 12 times a year

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m not sure. But. Every owner spouts the “it’s a great all-rounder” line, along with the “it climbs like my XC bike” line? Your reason to get rid is some way off that? Every owner I’ve heard leads me to tell you that you should sell all your other bikes and keep this – or is it not what they say it is?

I think the term is ‘purchase justification’ for such owners 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sell it. I anticipate their value plummeting like a stone due to the sales model.

Also sell it before it cracks. 😉

sharkattack

Put one of these on the back

lungman

Thanks for the opinions just don’t want to sell and then want a bigger bike again as now the wife’s not working won’t be able to afford it

I think the term is ‘purchase justification’ for such owners

No purchase justification needed here – PB’s on various climbs and descents in the month I’ve had mine – and I’m shockingly unfit at the moment

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m gonna buy me a Capra, free speed! 🙂

kirky72
    Free Member

Sounds like with the Capra, scout and insurgent they are all slightly incrementally longer and as resultant more sluggish then the next one and as the Capra sits in the middle it seems sensible for that one to go so you’ve got both extremes covered.

I’ve always struggled to cover the extremes of riding and having got a tranny scout I decided to sell my enduro as that would only be ridden at places like antur stiniog and maybe some choppier stuff around the lakes. I rather foolishly replaced a aggro hard tail frame with a mega tr to utilise the 150mm forks so I’ve ended up with two bikes that are very similar and neither covers the ground perfectly for a more xc focused bimble. Plus the wife’s not happy as she was supposed to ride the hard tail however infrequently.

I’m now thinking of changing one or the other for something bigger again or preferably for a shorter travel more xc focused bike.

Oh the real life troubles of a serial bike changer.

Northwind

lungman – Member

So my question is shall I sell it while it’s worth a reasonable amount

If you believe it’s going to depreciate, then sell it- because if you later regret it, you’ll be able to buy another one for less 😉

lungman

dont get me wrong the Capra a good bike but 170mm to much travel for most of the trails i ride. First world problem I know 🙂

Hob Nob – Member
    I’m gonna buy me a Capra, free speed!

Inaugural ride, still wearing Highrollers…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GCcNaR]Screenshot_2016-05-26-19-46-45[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Selling my Capra, will I regret it?’ is closed to new replies.