selling house without an estate agent and using online company ? Anyone done so?

Home Forum Chat Forum selling house without an estate agent and using online company ? Anyone done so?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • selling house without an estate agent and using online company ? Anyone done so?
  • Has anyone sold there property without using an estate agent ?

For eg
    http://www.myhouseadvert.co.uk/sell-my-house-online.php

Would you sell this way ? We are “thinking” of selling and had the house valued today and looking at rightmove everything in our area (North London) is under offer or sold and according to the estate liar agent he reckoned we’d get asking price within a week…

1% commission or private and sell for only the price of advert which gets you on rightmove…

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

I viewed a house that was advertised through this site. It was a slightly odd experience as a buyer. I phoned, left a message, a woman phoned me back, we settled on a time to view that was convenient to the owner and at that point she gave me the owner’s number, and he showed me round.

He was very pleasant, but it was a bit odd. I don’t greatly like estate agents very much as a group, but you get used to them after a while. This was very different, in that he was a nice bloke, showing you his house, while juggling a toddler. He lacked any real feel for how to sell it, and (because he was so nice) it was all a bit awkward. We didn’t buy it anyway, it was too small.

That house stayed on the market for months (in an area where most places were selling inside a week). It then went on with one of the big, aggressive agencies with a higher asking price and sold very quickly.

mark90

Our house is currently sold STC, we sold through a traditional estate agents. They worked well for us, getting 4 viewings booked before it was advertised. Got two offers and it was sold within a week of us saying market it. Their speed may have been helped by the fact we wanted to buy a house that was also advertised through them.

This agent and the agents we had it up with previously (2 years ago) all prefered the owners to be out when doing viewings as people are generally more relaxed and spend much longer looking around if the owner isn’t there. My own viewings of properties would support this view.

Having said that I guess the best approach will in part depend on the loacl housing market, the local estate agents, the fees (as lets face it no one likes give them money).

jekkyl

I sold my house in 2010 through house network. Co. UK, absolutely excellent and a lot cheaper. Do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘selling house without an estate agent and using online company ? Anyone done so?’ is closed to new replies.