Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Selling high end Whisky?
  • stevemuzzy
    Free Member

My Dad is looking to sell a very limited edition bottle of whisky he has.

Its The Seagram Gran National Perpetual Trophy – a limited edition Chivas Regal in Spode Bone China Flagon bottled in 1984 to commemorate 150 years of the steeplechase at Aintree.

Apart from a stealth advert on here 😉 anyone know of any suitable sites? Reckon its worth north of £600

Edit- just found whisky-auctions in Blackpool who seem to do this, anyone in Scotland?

alanl
    Free Member

Try various auction houses. I deal with Tennants in N.Yorks occasionally. They have a yearly (maybe 6 monthly) wines and spirits auction, which was last weekend.
    Sale results here, so may give you an idea:
    https://bid.tennants.co.uk/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/658

There are lots of similar good quality auctioneers. Be aware, their fees will take up to 20% off the sale price.

skink2020

Never sold only bought(30+ bottles) from scothwhiskyauctions in Glasgow.
    Couple of friends who work in the whisky industry have sold through them.
    Big fees mind.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Thanks, e mail dropped to both.

Would be great if there was a forum etc. where it could be sold privately, if anyone is aware

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At this point it’s questionable if you are selling the item rather than the liquid inside! That makes it a tougher sell to the whyskie crowd rather than the collectable lot so maybe looking in the wrong place for a forum/help

kcal

whisky auctioneer have been very good for me. I used McTears for a few bottles too, and either the market rocketed, or the online site got a wider audience — the price difference was a bit eye watering.

whisky auctioneer recommended.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Whisky Auctioneer (Perth) and Just Whisky (Dunfermline). Just Whisky are about 5 mins from the M90

lcj

Not local to you but you could try calling the Liquid Gold Whiskey Co. in Ashtead, Surrey. They seemed to know their stuff when I went to a tasting and the owners are certainly collectors who might be able to point you in the right direction: https://www.liquidgoldwhiskyco.com/

I have no connection with them other than living nearby and having shopped there!

bruneep

Whisky Auctioneer (Perth)

Used them previously their valuation was spot on when it went to auction, payment was quick as well no complaints at all

convert

Like this

Never quite sure what people do with things like this. Do you display it or put it in a cupboard and remind yourself you own it every now and then? Assume drinking it is not an option?

Greybeard
    Free Member

Hmmmmm

(As sharkbait, but with link text and the url the right way round)

sharkbait
    Free Member

[doh]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Selling high end Whisky?’ is closed to new replies.