Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • selling bikes whole or breaking for parts?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

ok, got a couple of bikes here that i need to get rid of, wont go into too much detail as its the chat forum not the for sale forum…. but yeah, ones essentially a rat bike but with a collection of stuff that if broken down i’d probably make a bit more selling the individual parts that are in good condition (frame, stem, bars, wheels, pedals etc etc, just not the brakes as its the back brake thats broken)

the other however is a tricky one to decide on and i’m hoping for a bit of advice… its a (im guessing raliegh) shopper, frames in good nick, while wall tyres, brakes etc all good, small tear in saddle and its got the hub gears on the back… its the hub gears that are borked IIRC… anyone know if the frame is the kinda thing people would buy or would it be better to just sell the whole thing for somebody to take apart and do up themselves?

wwaswas

I’d sell it whole, there’s a lot of bits that are specific to that bike and, frankly, probably not worth much without the bike.

philconsequence
    Free Member

good point, does seem to be quite a specific little bike!

i cant be bothered with taking it apart either so thats handy.

peterfile
    Free Member

Breaking a bike and photographing, advertising, discussing, boxing and posting each part individually is a pain, depending on how much free time you have I suppose.

If you can sell whole it is much less hassle IMO.

philconsequence
    Free Member

good point… whole bike it is 🙂

cheers guys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘selling bikes whole or breaking for parts?’ is closed to new replies.