Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Selling a mates bike – what is it worth
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry for the what’s it worth thread but I would like some independent advice on price

Kona Hoss, Deore shifters and front mech, XTR rear mech, Hayes 9 brakes, Truvalit ISIS cranks, BMazz Bomber All Mountain SL forks. All works, reasonable condition but with cosmetic scratches.

My web research suggests about £150 but please let me know. The price will influence whether or not he sells it

soma_rich
    Free Member

I would say a bit more. £200 and take £180. Would get more if you split it up….

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don’t want the hassle of splitting. It is Juans old bike and will cost £180 to ship to him.

Okay price is up to £180-£200.

Anyone else want to add their wisdom?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nick, YGM, remember I serviced that bike…..??

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

remember I serviced that bike…..??

I’d say around £50 – £60.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It was as good as it could possibly be at BBB last year, and I doubt it’s been ridden much if at all since.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

What size is it?? is it a small??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Small-ish, yes…..

I’m just talking to WCA about it (Not buying) so he knows what he’s selling…..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There may be an ‘issue’ with the forks. I need to get an adapter to put some air in to see how big an issue it might be.

I don’t want to mis-sell so will explain the whole situation when I know it. It is currently in Southampton if you want to look but I need to check Juan still wants to sell it.

juan
    Free Member

The “issue” as pp and wca have put it is a klunky noise at the end of the rebound. The bike/fork was perfectly working for last year BBB and it only has been ridden if wca has lend it. No air in it is normal after a year without use (although I suspect there is still some air inside, just quite not enough for wca as we are not exactly from the same build)
    Obviously I’d rather sell it in France, but I can’t see how I am going to make any money out of it if getting it shipped already cost 185£.
    Now if someone is planning a trip to Riviera bike soon I would happily come and collect it from Molini (and obviously pay for extra on the plane)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d say around £50 – £60.

That’s very rude. Do you know Peter?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What Juan describes about the klunky noise is correct. There is also little air in the shock which may contribute to the issue. It hasn’t been ridden since Juan left it with me, it was in a box ready for posting until I found out the cost.

Not for sale yet. Anyone going to France?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Selling a mates bike – what is it worth’ is closed to new replies.