Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Selling a frame without a shock
  • marksnook
    Free Member

So new frame is coming in a couple weeks, shock happens to be same size as old frame. Love the shock and it’s in perfect condition, so toying with chucking it on the new frame.
    What I’m wondering is will it be easier to sell old frame with or without a shock? Would be buying something second hand to go old frame to sell so a gamble how good something I buy may be.

l0key
    Free Member

I’d leave it to the buyer, they might be in the same position as you anyway, and means no additional faffing for you.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is the valving of the old shock suitable for the new frame?

There’s more to it than e2e and stroke length.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kayak23

^^^ Wot he said.

Loved my shock I had on one frame, stuck it on a new one, felt dead. Often the frames come with shocks that have been twiddled to suit.

marksnook
    Free Member

It’s a cane creek dBil coil so to my knowledge it has no custom tune. It’s going onto cotic so I imagine that wouldn’t need anything special?

damascus
    Free Member

What size is it? What bike? Is it a common shock or rare as hens teeth?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can’t you out the shock from the new bike on the old frame or are you buying the new one shock free?

chiefgrooveguru

DBinline coil will work great on the Cotic, so I’d sell the old frame without a shock.

chiefgrooveguru

What are the two frames? If the leverage curves are similar and the old frame is worth enough, it could be best to get the new frame with their cheapest shock option and swap it across.

marksnook
    Free Member

It’s an airdrop edit to rocketmax. It did cross my mind to order it with the xfusion shock and swap it over. Think it’s only 100 extra or something. Got frame no shock on order at the minute.
    It’s a fairly standard 200×57 so not rare. I was going to buy a new shock for the rocketmax but it seemed pointless to spend out on something I already have!

chiefgrooveguru

The leverage curves are pretty similar, so they should swap fine. You could probably ask both companies for their view on doing this to be sure, as you can email the bosses directly!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Selling a frame without a shock’ is closed to new replies.