Seller has pulled out on me this morning – I'm not happy! – Help!!

Home Forum Bike Forum Seller has pulled out on me this morning – I'm not happy! – Help!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Seller has pulled out on me this morning – I'm not happy! – Help!!
  • velocipede

I had a great deal lined up for today – was taking the day off to drive over to yorkshire to drop off my carbon hardtail (sold on here) and, superbly well organised in my opinion, to collect my “new” steed (bought on here/pinkbike – actually advertised on both) – what could be better than a day out buying and selling bikes and looking forward to a ride on the new bike this evening.

BUT

I get an email at about 10pm last night with the seller pulling out, having “changed his mind”….now I’m in a quandary….need to still deliver my bike today as promised, not fair on my buyer otherwise, but then I’ve got no bike at all!! And I’ll have shelled out on fuel to do it (that didn’t matter when I was returning with the new bike!!)

Not happy!!!

I’m now trawling the net looking for inspiration…..I was going for a rather nice 853 hard tail (Saracen Kili – you know who you are!!)….but finding something even remotely similar is going to be very difficult…..

What’s the budget? Cotic Souls cheap at the moment,

velocipede

I can spend up to Β£1400 complete….but want a really nice spec…so s/h will have to be the way to go I think…..

slackalice

Saw this ebay link on Retrobike earlier, for a modern Ti Kili…. frame only, but cheap as a buy it now πŸ™‚

Kili Flyer Ti

Hindle Pie

Was it Hora?

velocipede

Not sure I’m going to name and shame…..still steaming tbh……!!!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

hardly need to name and shame we can all look it up πŸ˜‰

eyerideit

You could always offer more money, if you really want it.

Money is a good persuader

sc-xc

Lucky escape if you ask me…

camo16

What a strange sign… it’s, like, a warning or something. πŸ˜‰

sugdenr

Give the sellers only has classfieds history and is even dicking people around on that I would have thought ban hammer is in order.

velocipede

Well, I got sorted in the end – made the most of my planned bike buying day and foud myself a nice Soul s/h at Leisure Lakes – really pleased after a couple of hours of tinkering in the garage tonight – I now get why people rave about them!

sc-xc – you might be right!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Seller has pulled out on me this morning – I'm not happy! – Help!!’ is closed to new replies.