Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Selkirk MTB Marathon/British Champs
  • PaulMcG

Hi STW

A heads-up (disclaimer and advance apology: I’m the co-organiser)that pre-entries for the Selkirk MTB Marathon close on Wednesday night. We don’t want anyone to miss out now 🙂 – it’s the thing many people used to know as the ‘Merida’, but is now being organised by Pete Laing and me.

Unbelievably, the 7-day forecast seems to think it’s going to be dry, warm, sunny and still for the next week. Trails should be sweet (except the Elibank descent, which will be as horrible as ever).

Paul

Northwind

Hmm, now thinking of the 50km, do you have an estimate of the amount of climbing in that (or, put it another way, is it a big 50km, an easy 50km or somewhere between?)

PaulMcG

Somewhere in between/heading towards big I’d say. There’s profiles for the 50 and 80 up on the website.

50km has 3 big climbs – 2 @ 1000′, the final one a bit less. Plus various lumps and bumps.

50km also has a brand new singletrack descent – it’s not been ridden by anyone yet!.

Forgot to put in OP – the event is on 8th June.

br
    Free Member

Paul – you ought to at least link to your website, or is that advertising 🙂

http://www.selkirkmtbmarathon.com/index.html

PaulMcG

I thought I was probably sailing too close to the wind already just by starting a thread 🙂

Northwind

Ah yeah, I see ’em. Course profiles here:

http://www.selkirkmtbmarathon.com/uploads/9/4/4/5/9445925/course_profiles_50__80.pdf

Hmm. I’m booked in with uplift scotland on sunday so don’t want to destroy myself 😆 Will mull it over, cheers!

hels
    Free Member

Do the long one Northwind you big girl ! Will be awesome, you know you want to !

tkirkus
    Free Member

Really looking forward to it. First race in the UK for a long time. Can’t believe the weather forecast 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Entered a couple of weeks ago looking forward to the weekend camping in my old camper with SO and a 6yr old, hope there is something for them to do in Selkirk whilst I,m dragging my sorry arse around the 75KM

postierich
    Free Member

bugger just seen the camping details no vehicles on grassy areas we use an awning on our small camper.
    Any room for this or its a no go for us!
    happy Campers!

br
    Free Member

postierich – Bowhill House (which we ride through) has a good adventure type playground and café, plus other stuff often going on – Pony Treks’ for little ones.

Shameless plug for a good friend:

http://www.bowhill-stables.co.uk/trekking-lead-rein.aspx

PaulMcG

Don’t worry – most of the grassy areas are fine for vehicles – it’s just the pitches themselves we need to keep vehicles off (they got trashed in previous years), but the surrounding areas, plus the random bits of green around the front of the rugby club are fair game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk MTB Marathon/British Champs’ is closed to new replies.