Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Self-inflating mats
  • sv

100mm thick SIMs from Amazon, think they were £30 each. Worked for several weekends last summer and hopefully this summer too!

Jakester
    Free Member

Wow, thanks everyone – a veritable cornucopia of SIM wisdom!

nickfromalpkit
    Free Member

Hi

Just thought i’d plough in with some returns rate figures for our mats, so that you can make you own mind up about our quality. As camping mats either work or don’t work then a faulty product is at least easy to spot. Our mats in the last year have a return rate of 0.6%.

Our quality has improved year on year with what you don’t see being the important part. Delamination is caused by the TPU film (older or cheaper models used PU coating) coming away from the fabric. Heat, age and moisture combined with storage methods all add to a shorter life. As always if you have any problems with our products the customer service team will do there very best the sort things out.

Cheers

nick from alpkit

epicyclo

RustyNissanPrairie – Member
    I work in the foam industry (we make 10k tons a year) – I always take a nice soft piece of thick Ether PU…

I fancy getting my hands on some to have a go at this.

Foam clothing

Who would you recommend to supply it? (I’m too far away for a beer deal 🙂 )

jam-bo

can vouch for the thermarest neoair xlite being both comfy and warm :d

I can vouch for the thermarest x-therm being both very comfy and very warm :d

Spud

We’ve two 1″ thick Thermarests that are easily 15 years old and four Fat Airic’s from Alpkit. The Thermarests are like new, the Alpkits – two always deflate and I can’t find where from when submerged either.

dropoff

Spud, thats the problem we have with our alpkits, we just cant find where they are leaking from its mega frustrating. On a lighter note we have just bought a 1200 x 2000 sheet of 75mm thick foam for £60 and had the best nights sleep ever 🙂

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    Airbeds are shite. Sweaty and bouncy.
    And very cold.

As I found to my cost! I was using a very light bag, and it turned out to be a bitterly cold June weekend, so a complete cluster**** all round, really. Good thing I had several large removals blankets in the car. And several layers of clothes…

CountZero

Gelert owned by Sports direct, so stuff that.

I didn’t buy it from them, I payed £17 instead of nearly £70, so I really couldn’t give a shit who owns the make! I used it at the IoW Festival last year, which wasn’t the warmest weekend, and for nine days in October last year, which was also pretty chilly at night, and that air mattress, along with a £40 Coleman bag I bought to replace the £19 Lidl one I’d stupidly left at home, and which turned out to be identical, meant I was really snug at night, and slept like a log. Obviously both are far too heavy and bulky for anything other than car camping, or using festival transport, but as far as value for money is concerned it’s an unbeatable combination for me; being comfy and snug for nine days in a tent was quite a stretch, never done more than three days before.
    It was pretty chilly, I had a strong easterly wind blowing straight in at my tent from open sea, everything was covered in dew at night, but I was snug and toasty, what more could you possibly want for less than sixty quid?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nice dismissal of the mans ethics there count,

Perhaps he thinks sport direct are **** and would rather not give the, any money which – because they own the brand regardless of who you bought it from – you did.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Self-inflating mats’ is closed to new replies.