Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Self contained helmet light
  • alanf
    Free Member

Sorry – I think this will have been done a thousand times but what’s good in the self contained helmet light world?
    I’ve been looking at Exposure which look to be good but spendy.
    Anything else worth considering? I’m not looking for anything with a separate battery pack.

scc999

I was in the same position as you, looked for a while for a cheaper alternative.
    Ended up getting an Exposure from Sigma in one of their sales / promotions and using a money off code that they give you when you sign up to their newsletter.

Si

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How bright do you need/want?

I have an Exposure Sirius as a daytime running light on my gnarmac bike. I’ve had a few nights rides home down totally dark lanes and it’s great for normal riding speed. Not used as a helmet light yet, I should add. Small, light, powerful.

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks will have a look at Sigma

Del

exposure diablo here. spendy? a bit. worth it? IMO undoubtedly.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 spend the money and get the Exposure. I have a Sirius and a Diablo

alanf
    Free Member

Have been looking at joystick and diablo but will check sirius too.
    It’s going to be mainly for off road use but will get some on rod action too no doubt.

benp1

Still got a (good) chinese light with proper panasonic batteries for my bars

But both my main helmet lights are Exposure (joystick and Diablo)

Make of that what you will!

docgeoffyjones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EJI9JXM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This with a battery from torchy. I had the body turned down to fit a exposure mount but before that i Had a handlebar mount cable tied to my helmet.

medoramas
    Free Member

Niterider Lumina 700 (or now they have a newer range of Lumina’s) – 2 years of not a single issue.

P20

Torchy on ebay
    From memory these get good feedback on here, £45

markshires
    Free Member

@teethgrinder have you got any pictures of it mounted to your helmet? I can’t find anything to mount it to my helmet that doesn’t make it stick up too far.

It’s a great light though!

teethgrinder

I’ll get some tonight. I took off the supplied bar mount and used this GoPro with tripod thread. It’s a little taller than I’d like, but it clears the visor when it’s up for the goggles.

teethgrinder

tjagain

Please make sure however you mount it is easy to break in case you fall off / hit a tree etc so that the light will not act as a lever to break your neck. O rings are good as is velcro. You want the mount to fail before your neck does

devash
    Free Member

While it may not seem so initially, buying a Hope or Exposure is a good investment because while initially expensive, they last at least 4 to 5 times longer than any cheaper offering.

teethgrinder

The Super 2R mount is a break away mount. Quoted run time on full is about 4h. Done a 3h ride with no dulling of the beam. Panasonic cells as well.

jonnym92

I have a Lezyne Macro duo which I got with an MBUK subscription.
    It’s really good. Seems to last on the first mode (enduro?) though I agree it isn’t the brightest, 400 lumen max.
    It’s been durable for me, had it 2 years now and still going strong. If they upped the lumens I would get another no doubt.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

No experience of this

https://www.evanscycles.com/blackburn-central-700-lumen-front-light-EV297202

But if I didn’t have my lezyne from the WMB subs offer of yore, then I’d consider it.

…albeit with a pukka GoPro helmet mount and a lanyard to stop it going awal in the event of a spill.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

About time I changed my avatar to “kiss of death”

beagle
    Free Member

Hehe. Usually me that…

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Self contained helmet light’ is closed to new replies.