Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Selcof Carbon Flat bars
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone running these? If so are they ok for £21?

alanl
    Free Member

Are they the PX ones?
    If so, yes, I’ve had some on my mtb for the last year, no problems so far. I paid around £50 iirc.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. Run them on my rigid 29er. They soak up a bit of chatter. Mine cost £29 in the early summer I think. Got given a pair of KCNC alloy bar plugs and found that I have to slightly clean up the inside of the bars but that was on the only ‘problem’ I had with them.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers worth a punt at £21

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Got the risers on my scandal, no complaints, I actually like that they’re a bit narrower than fashionable as they fit between trees! Had On-One Knuckleballs on my other bike for years with no problems either.

Agree about end plugs, I guess Brant uses the same factory a lot as my Ragley Wisers and Kunckleballs both had a wrinkle in the layup at the ends which made them tight. Never been a problem apart from trying to get the rubber of Hope bar end plugs out afterwards! Keep meaning to 3D print a wedge type expanded for them to make it easier.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Funny that’s what I thought also at 740mm I shouldn’t be clipping any trees.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just order a set should be great for solving hand numbing with a pair of Esi grips

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, I like wide bars, but 780+ feels really too wide, 760 feels like it has usefully more control but at the expense of ergonomics, the 740mm selcofs actually feel like they fit, and I’d say I have fairly wide shoulders.

Unless you ride with 760mm+ bars and feel like they fit (rather than just offering more leverage) I’d say you won’t miss the 10mm+ each side (apart from missing more trees!).

fudge9202
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon tbh I’ve never ridden wider than 760mm so I think 740 should be grand fo my El Mariachi

lovewookie

I have a set, chopped to 650 and with bar ends.

not broke yet.

damn good value.

internal wall thickness vary’s a bit toward the ends, but we’ll see if that makes any difference.

fudge9202
    Free Member

So bars arrived today they are insanely light just hope that doesn’t mean not too strong. Inside the ends feel quite uniform so no filling needed.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some for my new build, along with a couple of those insanely cheap SRAM 11 speed chains for the CX bikes as they eat them like nobodies business so it’s not worth putting expensive ones on them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They turned up, along with the chains, which is nice.

Felt like I had to weigh them 🤓 they are 151g on my digital kitchen scales, so very respectable. Fell & look well made in the hands, just hope the grippy sections for the controls line up with where I put mine

damascus
    Free Member

Looks like both the flat and Riser bars are now out of stock. I guess it’s because of how many bikes they have sold with them on. I’ve set up an email alert with px.

Are these rebadged exotic carbon bars or Selcof own?

How are people finding the riser bars?

Has anyone fitted bar ends to them? Did they need plugs to support them?

And if brants reading this? Any idea when they will be back in Stock?

Thanks

thejesmonddingo

Holy thread revival,Batman.As these are back in stock, does anyone know what the back sweep is,there’s not a lot of detail on the site.

richardkennerley

Selcof’s latest carbon MTB flat bars offer zero rise with a 6 degree back sweep to give you that perfect position for staying in control. If you want that racey, slammed front end these are the lightweight carbon bars to do it with.

XC racing and trail riding
    Width: 740mm
    Clamp: 31.8mm
    Weight: 145g

mariner
    Free Member

I have a pair of the original ones from earlier this year.
    Replaced the Jones Loops just for a trial and still using them until I find a carbon riser with more sweep – that I can afford.
    Didn’t realise the latest incarnation were zero rise. Mine claim a 50mm rise but I would say that’s a typo and looks and measures more 25mm.

branes

I have some too – I’d say the 6 degree sweep is a bit of an exaggeration. They look (and feel) about half or less of the sweep of my EC90s which claim to be 9 degrees.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Selcof Carbon Flat bars’ is closed to new replies.