Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sektors or Revs?
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Just bought Cube Stereo frame, Merlin doing both Sektors and Revs at £270 after discount – don’t know which to get. Mainly do trail centre’s with the odd ride around Skipton/Bolton Abbey so nothing too drastic, which has me leaning towards the Revs. Am 15 1/2 stone and not the most technically gifted of folk so would that make the Solo Air Sektors easier to set up and service?

I don’t bloody know, quick poll of folk on here and come nine o’clock whichever is the most popular will be bought!!

chojin
    Free Member

Revs.

Rich
    Free Member

If I’m looking at the right ones, they are for different size axles, 20mm and 15mm.
    What hubs do you have?

binners

Revs! Great, bombproof forks!

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Revs

althepal

Revs of they suit your axle..

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Hope Pro II with either 15mm or 20mm axles!!

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Revs and Sektors are basically the same on the outside (various models use lighter bits than some others). The big difference is on the inside, damping systems etc. Not sure that many people could tell the difference in a blind test.

That said I have Sektor RL with a Solo Air spring and could really use a more adjustable compression damping in mine. I think certain models of Revs should have that, although not all of them.

mrbump
    Free Member

revs have got better dampening.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Sektors

Roblilly
    Free Member

I have got sektor solo airs on my stereo carbon. I’m lighter than you and they felt a bit out of depth at Antur Stiniog. Wish I had bought revs

patriotpro
    Free Member

I don’t understand all this out of their depth business.

I’ve not ridden revs but my sektors I have have never felat out of their depth, i have on occasions but not them.

The criticism i could level at them is they’re insensitive over small stuff at slow speeds.

Bargain.

Roblilly
    Free Member

My sektors are great, don’t get me wrong, I just think they could do with bigger stantions or better damping. I also have some fox 36 and prefer the damping in those

Trekster

Sektor TK vs Sektor R. What’s the big difference?
    The TK is heavier and has a different damper/lockout
    Confused(easily 🙄 )

TK

Specification:

Travel Solo Air 150mm
    Weight 1824g (approx)
    Damping: TurnKey, crown lockout Rebound: External Adjust
    Available Springs: Solo Air
    Adjustments: External Rebound / Lockout, Spring via Air Pressure, Solo Air
    Steerer Options: Steerer is 1-1/8″ aluminum
    Crown: Forged Hollow 6061 T-6 Aluminum
    Upper Tubes: 32mm, Straight Wall Aluminum, Low Friction Anodized
    Lowers: Magnesium, Post Disc Mount, 20mm Maxle Lite
    Maximum Rotor Size: 210mm
    Color Options Black, Diffusion Black, White
    Other *Weight based on 265mm 1 1/8″ steel steerer

R
    Specification:

Travel: Solo Air 150mm,
    Weight 1788g , Weight based on 265mm 1-1/8″ steel steerer (actual fork has an alloy steerer so is lighter)
    Damping: Rebound, Rebound: External Adjust
    Available Springs: Solo Air
    Adjustments: External Rebound , Spring via Air Pressure
    Steerer Options: Steerer is 1-1/8″ aluminum
    Crown: Forged Hollow 6061 T-6 Aluminum
    Upper Tubes: 32mm, Straight Wall Aluminum, Low Friction Anodized
    Lowers: Magnesium, Post Disc Mount, 20mm Maxle Lite
    Recommended Rear Shock Monarch and Ario
    Maximum Rotor Size: 210mm
    Color Options: Black, White
    Note: Image shows adjsuters on the fork crown which this model deos not have, adjustable by air pressure only
    Pump not supplied

bigblackshed

Revs.

First time on Revs on my Sanderson Soloist. Always had Fox before. Both floats and talas. The Revs are nudging into top place ATM.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, can’t be bothered to wait until nine so am ordering a set of Revs as i type 😆

skids
    Free Member

Merlin got some great prices on Revs, Sektors are in a totally different price bracket at most places

patriotpro
    Free Member

Roblilly – Member
    My sektors are great, don’t get me wrong, I just think they could do with bigger stantions or better damping.

Agreed bud. Those upgrades would equal extra weight and cost though.

Like power to weight ratio comparisons with cars when it comes to performance to price ratios between the sektors v revs – sektors trump them.

The OP has gone for revs tho so who cares 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have Sektor Solo Air MC 20mm on one bike and Rev Dual Air MC (dual flow?)15mm on the other, both 150mm travel, both ~1.75kg. The main improvement in the Revs is better mid-stroke control – the Sektors dive a bit. They are both good forks for the money, but the Revs are better.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sektors or Revs?’ is closed to new replies.