Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sektor "sitting in" its travel a bit?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Anyone else had this problem? It’s a Sektor RL u-turn coil, I have it wound out to about 130mm but when the bike is resting it seems to sit in about 10mm and I have to pull the lowers down for them to go all the way out to 130mm. The left stanchion also seems to be leaking a little bit of oil, could these be related? How hard are sektors to work on? I really can’t afford to send it away at the minute.

daveh
    Free Member

When the bike is resting? Wind it to 130mm, use it a bit, then it sits at 120mm? My Pike uturns didn’t do that, they returned to where they were set. Sektors easy to work on, particularly if you stay away from the damping gubbins.

daveh
    Free Member

Double post

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah pretty much, they don’t return to the full 130mm until I hold the lowers of the fork and pull up on the bars. And I never had this problem with my old Pikes either, but the Sektors do feel much nicer!

plyphon
    Free Member

My dual air revs suck down 5-10mm when I have the positive and negative chambers the same pressure according to my pump.

I’m not familiar with the sektors so dont know if theyre dual air, but if they are you can set the stanchion o ring about 1-2mm above the wiper seal then as you pump up you can watch for the moment the forks start to suck down.

I’ve ridden my revs with that setup for ages but I’ve just balanced the chambers again, so get a bit of suck down in the exchange for super plushness.

plyphon
    Free Member
    plyphon
    Free Member

annnnnnnnd ive just read your forks are coil in your OP so disregard everything ive just said.

I love sundays.

_tom_
    Free Member

haha yeah I knew this happened with air forks when the negative air was higher than the positive, but I don’t have any air stuff on this fork this time! bump for the monday morning lot 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

My Air Sektors wept a smidgeon of oil from the left seal for the first 6 months or so.

There is also a few mm of play in the first part of the travel.

I’d forgotten about both symptoms until your post tho.

I wouldn’t worry if I were you.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah it doesn’t seem like much to be worried about, it’d just be nice to be able to get the full travel out of the fork if I want it!

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Coil u-turn Pikes I had before the Sektors did it from new if that makes you feel better… 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

ok well sounds like it’s not much of an issue then, I’ll just leave it til I end up getting it serviced 🙂 also I noticed theres a “sucking” kinda sound when the forks take a hit with the compression wound on a bit. Is that normal? It’s kinda like the marzocchi squelch but more airy sounding.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I only use the compression to lockout the forks when riding on road but my Sektors woosh every now and again when fully open.

Btw I did a bit of research about the weeping oil thing and the general consensus was that it was normal. On mine it’s not so much a leak but a tiny bit that had been pushed up past the seal after a decent ride.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sektor "sitting in" its travel a bit?’ is closed to new replies.