Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Seized Screw on crank removal
  • Premier Icon charliemort

My normal tactic – bike against wall, both brakes on, stand on pedal with one foot and long breaker bar with other and bouncing my 15 stone – ain’t shifting it

Any other bright ideas??!

Premier Icon charliemort

One last go and shifted the fu@@er….

Premier Icon Painey
    Free Member

Dub bottom bracket by any chance??

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Dub bottom bracket by any chance??

Gonna be that or GXP

Premier Icon charliemort

Yup – DUB

Premier Icon i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Yeah, there isn’t much that can’t be defeated with a cheater-bar. Make sure the key/head is firmly seated though before applying massive torque. Maybe soak in penetrating fluid too for half an hr. When I ran instrumentation offshore I often used vibration to help back-off ‘seized’ components too, but with small screws this is probably moot because cheater-bar torque will be enough or it will twist-off the head/screw anyway.

Premier Icon akira

I always imagine a guy in each factory from SRAM with arms like tree trunks fitting all these bottom brackets.

Premier Icon duncancallum

I had a tie strap and a mate holding the bike and a 1/2 breaker bar….

Went with a right crack

Premier Icon masterdabber
    Free Member

Three hex bit sockets later and mine still hasn’t moved.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

I once put a shimano square taper bb in to a ti frame and forgot to add the anti seize. It wasnt keen on coming out, made horrific shrieking noises, snapping round a little bit at a time, and i thought the frame bb shell was going to shear off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.