Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Seiko fans – help, which diver?
  • jp-t853

Out of those two I would definitely buy the SKX007 it is an internationally acknowledged icon of a watch with it’s lineage going back to the early Seiko divers.

The Stargate model will be forgotten in a couple of years if it is even recognised now. Size is also an issue here. Watches of this size always catch when I am trying to put my coat on or bash against walls etc but I do realise they are fashionable.

The skx007 is smaller but there is also a smaller version of this called the SKX013 which would be my personal choice.

There is is talk of the 007 getting the 4r36 movement in the future but hacking is no big deal on an automatic that will be out by 5-10 seconds per day, just line the minute hand up when the second hand passes the 12.

Regarding J & K versions most WIS members would choose the K version as there is no difference, I did hear the straps are longer on the K versions as they are made for a more western market but I can not confirm this. I have had two J watches and 3 K watches in the past/present. The K watches have been better time keepers straight out of the box.

CountZero

Out of those two I would definitely buy the SKX007 it is an internationally acknowledged icon of a watch with it’s lineage going back to the early Seiko divers.

The Stargate model will be forgotten in a couple of years if it is even recognised now.
    Sorry, but who really cares? I doubt for one minute anybody showing an interest in either of those watches on here really gives a damn, I know I don’t. The only thing I care about is what the watch looks like, and that’s it. The fact it’s a Seiko covers everything else.
    I’m sure the obsessive Seiko collectors care, but frankly, nobody else gives a toss.

Countzero, if you do get a Stargate and want to sell your Spork my email is in my profile

Nah, sorry, nothing doing! I bought it with money left me by my mum, so it’s a very personal thing, and, while I really like the Stargate, looks-wise, the SPORK is close to perfect for me; I couldn’t part with it. 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

Sorry, but who really cares?

I always care because I wanted one that I can hack or hand wind but instead bought one that I could not hack. :mrgreen:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Just to confirm that Creation Watches are spot on, I ordered one of these on Sunday:

And it arrived today. Bloody lovely it is too!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice that.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m really pleased with it.

Got the monster for day to day use (as indicated above it’s not particularly a looker but it is pretty bombproof), thought I’d get this for a bit of a smarter look. It was a billy bargain as well at £135.

Might read the massive thick manual later and figure out how to use all the slidy rule featury bobbins.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The slide rule is really handy for working out your airspeed when you’ve only got 20 minutes of oxygen left 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Seiko fans – help, which diver?’ is closed to new replies.