Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Segregated audience at Labour rally
  • mudmuncher

but that you are just one more tedious EDL type Muslim-hater.

That is pretty much the stock mudslinging lefty retort people of your ilk come back with when you have no intelligent answers to my genuine concerns.

For the record, I think Christians are just as deluded as Muslims.
    …And I’m not in the EDL
    …And I don’t hate anyone

mudmuncher

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2015/04/free-speech-campaigners-concerned-by-ed-milibands-vow-to-ban-islamophobia–without-defining-what-he-means

I think there are grounds to be concerned.

And I don’t appreciate your bigotry towards atheists

mudmuncher

I see you deleted you previous post Ernie?

For the record you accused me of being a bigot and implied I was unintelligent for being concerned about Ed’s Islamophobia law.

Was it because I posted the link showing my concerns were valid you deleted your post?

A bit sneaky Ernie!

Junkyard
    Free Member

he cannot delete a post only the mods can [ I dont know if he did or if he did not post to be clear]

if Ed gets in he said he is going to criminalise Islamaphobia so after Thursday we might not be able to have these discussions anymore.

We will be able to have the discussion afterwards we just wont be able to be islamaphobic.I dont know about you but I can criticise Islam without reaching the point where I look like I am a bigot/ islamphobic so I am not as worried about this as you appear to be.

It will really depend what the law says as to whether i support it as one needs to balance free speech v say hate crimes of all types. It’s worth noting islamic preachers can be charged if they speak freely about their views of the west. Did I miss your thread complaining about this curtailment in free speech ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I didn’t delete any post, I can’t do that. A mod obviously did.

For the record you accused me of being a bigot and implied I was unintelligent for being concerned about Ed’s Islamophobia law.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Although I used the word daft, which I assume is what caused the post to be deleted as it’s presumably considered to be an unparliamentary term.

But anyway, carry on.

crankboy
    Free Member

Apart from the obvious desire of certain people to manufacture a stick to beat the labour party with is their any evidence that women were forced to sit in the women’s section rather than the section being provided so that women could if they chose to do so could sit there?

If it was enforced segregation it seems odd the panel were not also segregated.

How would all those so gleefully outraged by this BLATANT HYPOCRASY chose to engage and include women who either by choice convention or coercion would not feel able to attend a non segregated event or would they simply adopt the simplistic accept our terms or tough approach to inclusion?

enfht
    Free Member

There should be an Edinburgh Defence type phrase reserved for whenever Ernesto loses the plot posting EDL/BNP pictures and personal insults.

Any ideas what it should be called?

Northwind

Business as usual?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Ernie, I can’t work out if you’re a lefty or an American style libertarian….or a weird mix of both.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Any ideas what it should be called?

the Enfht insults rather than defends his view?

Not catchy but at least its accurate.

Edinburgh defence was used to bully TJ by those unable to debate with him
    Oh the irony.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It seems the original idea was for a men only rally. This was deemed unacceptable so the segregated audience idea took it’s place. That is the social code in the community, I guess what’s curious is that we respond to it now when this takes place day in, day out.

FYI the Islamophobia law is a really terrible idea, we already have strong anti-discrimination laws

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, I can’t work out if you’re a lefty or an American style libertarian….or a weird mix of both.

I’m your bog standard stereotypical working-class commie 🙂

If you’re baffled then I suspect you haven’t met many. Think Mick McGahey or Bob Crow for ones which you might have heard of.

I reject all forms of extremism, including bigoted extremism typified by Daily Mail readers and the politically correct extremism typified by Guardian readers.

Presumably it’s because I steer a moderate commonsense course between the two extremes that you appear confused. Some people think that if it’s not black then it must be white – life is easier like that.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Presumably it’s because a steer a moderate commonsense course between the two extremes that you appear confused. Some people think that if it’s not black then it must be white – life is easier like that.

I agree, being a massive fan of everything Eric Hoffer.

I just don’t expect subtlety from STW, that’s all. 😆

I’m not sure you can describe yourself as a commie though, to me, you strike me as being a left libertarian along the lines of Noam Chomsky.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

being a massive fan of everything Eric Hoffer.

I thought you had mispelt Eric Heffer, but then I goggled and discovered that there was some poncy “moral and social philosopher” called Eric Hoffer, and you didn’t mean the late great lefty building worker/carpenter Eric Heffer 🙁

I’m definitely a commie btw, I’ve got plenty of old party cards to prove it. No current ones though as I cannot accept the party line on supporting the Labour Party in elections, and it’s too much of an important issue to sweep under the carpet. I do still attend some party educational meetings though, where do you think I honed my intellectual skills? 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hoff was a working class self educated lad. Poncy? I think not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Never heard of him. Sounds like a ponce to me. “Moral and social philosopher” ? Why couldn’t he get a proper job ?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I’m your bog standard stereotypical working-class commie

Gulag apologist 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

He did, he was a docker. He was just one of the worlds best political and social commentators on the side. 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Segregated audience at Labour rally’ is closed to new replies.