Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Seems everyone has a new bike. If not, how old is your main bike?
  • rockhopper70

2004 Cannondale Jekyll for me.
    One and only bike now I am taking the old Rockhopper to cycle:recycle in Hebden Bridge.

ps..don’t begrudge anyone buying new bikes…I would love one.

Northwind

The one I ride the most is I think now 21 years old. Good old Halfords.

relliott6879
    Free Member

2007 Kona Caldera. I’m only riding that because my 1996 Kona Fire Mountain (rebuilt from the frame up in 2006) got stolen.

Militant_biker

My ‘main’ bike is a bitsa bike. Frame is 2009, forks are 2007, rear hub is 2010, front one is 1994, one brake is 2006, one is 2008… 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have an 06 Enduro which is my main bike and a 97 Zaskar. The Zaskar is on the way out and a new BFe frame on the way in. I suspect the BFe might become my main bike as on paper it is probably more suitable for most of my riding. Can’t wait.

oldgit
    Free Member

Mines new built, but with bits circa 2004/2005 but it has all the mod cons like fully sprung front forks and hydromonolical dics brakes.

simon_g

Dialled PA frame bought just over 3 years ago, although that replaced another PA frame and bits transferred over. Rest of it has stuff that is 1-8 years old.

marsdenman
    Free Member

only one bike, 2006 Fisher Ziggurat…

edit to add – though I do have a hankering for something a touch slacker and longer travel on the front – like a Dialled Prince Albert – very tempted to seek management approval to put a deposit on the new production run…. 😛

stevewhyte
    Free Member

2011 Whyte 805 my first MTB

flap_jack
    Free Member

1999 Mount Vision. More than adequate. Mind you, plenty of upgrades (130mm revalations, 203/185 discs, etc)

leec247
    Free Member

2004 Marin wolf ridge first full suss I’ve ever owned love every min of riding it!!!!!

slackalice
    Free Member

2000 Sc Superlight…. It’s too fab to let go.

Which is not very Buddhist.

large418
    Free Member

2002 Stumpy FSR and a 2002 Stumpy Hardtail. Both great bikes and they’ve still got years left in them. Both are a bit triggers broom type bikes though.

rockhopper70

[/url][/img]

rockhopper70

jjjjeeeeeeesssssssshhhhhhhh
    it worked…first ever pic uploaded!!!!

Solo
    Free Member

2001 Giant TCR, which I bought in Rouen, France.

Ground in 30 miles this moring, with a storm coming in from the wash.
    Rain, lots of rain, with, at times, Hail !.
    Bring It !.

I knocked in a 30 mile ride, after which, my feet felt like blocks of ice.
    I could barely walk through my front door.

I Lurrvvvvvv cycling.

😀

lunge

2007 Orange P7 is my main MTB.
    My play bike is a Planet-X Jack Flash from 2003 ish I think.
    however the bike I ride most is a 3 month old Orbea road bike.

boxfish
    Free Member

2007 Van Nicholas Yukon road bike.

My Brodie Holeshot was stolen 🙁

gibbo1985
    Free Member

my main and only bike is my 2005 scott genius n i love it to bits!!!! 😀

Flaperon

2007 Giant france with 2010 Fox Floats.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My ht is two years old and looking tatty. Frame scratched and rubbed to hell wonky rims worn forks etc. I did buy a hub geared steel road bike last year.

teasel
    Free Member

Main bike is twelve years old. Play bike is eleven in two months…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

2003 Titus Switchblade. Mostly newish bits on it though – Thors, Crest, Middleburns, XO etc

ben10
    Free Member

2001 cannondale jekyll 1000 lefty my only bike would love a new one put never seem to have the cash and i love this bike got it in 2003 longest iv ever oned one

trail_rat
    Free Member

2005 tiggers broom

Giant ocr frame and fork done more miles than i care to think of – thought about changing it but its just not going to happen

lister

2001 Kona Stinky. It just works.

‘Might’ be in the market this year for a new bike…something 4-5 inches, fun (not ‘serious and low’) on the downs and more pedally than the Stinky on the ups…might take some time!

Markie
    Free Member

1994. May be getting a new bike this year though…

cookeaa

“Main” bike is a 2008 Solid Acer (Don’t think they make it anymore).

But lately I’ve spent more time riding my 2005 Kona Stab and my SS – 1997 Fire Mountain.

Obviously I don’t have a new bike every year or for that matter new bikes generally (mostly used stuff for me)… I reckon my little collection has probably cost me a fair bit less than some people would happily spend on just the one bike, and between them cover a fair few more bases than just one ever could.

But the trade off is of course that I don’t get to ride the latest, lightest, poshest new bikes which ,if I’m honest, would be nice but I can live with that…

I don’t think you can begrudge those who can afford it a nice expensive new bike now and then…

iainc

edit

I had typed up the ages and details of my bikes and then thought that was maybe a daft thing to stick on the internet, so I took it off….am I paranoid ? serious question btw.

billysugger
    Free Member

2011 Five Pro. Had last bike since 1999, Schwinn Moab 3.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It depends on what you’d define “main bike”. My bike for all occasions is my 04 Enduro, still going strong after all these years. It’s not overtly retro, with SLX cranks, XT nine speed gears, Revelations etc.

My more recent bikes are a 2009 Wolf Ridge and a 2011 Orange Pure 7 frame which I’ve just finished.

_tom_
    Free Member

My mtb is a 2003 bullit. I also have a trailstar from about the same year. Road bike gets the most use though and it’s a 2011.

ross980
    Free Member

2005 FSR Stumpjumper with hardly any original bits left on it.

ross980
    Free Member

ross980
    Free Member

dti

How do you define ‘main bike’.
    Could you please be more specific,

rockhopper70

good to see others riding oldies around!

rockhopper70

main bike??….as in the one you turn to to go for a ride. not duty specific.
    if your asking that, I guess you have a gaggle of bikes to choose from.

teasel
    Free Member

…am I paranoid ?

No. Many folk ignorantly leave a torrent of info on forums and the like that creates a trail right to their front door/shed/garage.

Doesn’t take a genius to piece it all together if you’ve been careless with the personal stuff…

samuri
    Free Member

The bike I ride the most is my genesis day-one. That’s less than a year old.

My Chameleon must be 7 years old now. Awesome, awesome bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Seems everyone has a new bike. If not, how old is your main bike?’ is closed to new replies.