Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Seduced by a german. What should I do?
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

So I live with a custom spec 2011 Orange five. I’ve treated her well. I’ve always brought her lots of Hope bits and bobs (wheels, etc) Adorned her with SLX brakes, SRAM drive train, clutch, etc. Reverb. I Love her and look after her well. Keep her clean and safe. I thought we were having a long and happy relationship.

I honestly wasn’t looking. I AM happy! Then I glanced at this rather alluring looking canyon tonight when advising a mate on what to look for in a long term partner he could commit to. Now I just can’t shake the idea that I should ditch my Five (I reckon she must owe me about 1700 sheets) and go all 27.5 with a sexy looking German.

I’m all a fluster. I do love my five but can’t stop thinking sinful thoughts about this cheap German looker.

What should I do?

smurfly13
    Free Member

Have both 😀

joat

The petrol colour is the nicest paint I think I’ve ever seen.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nooooo! Stick wi’t Yorkshire lass.

tom200

I’m tempted by the 29er, trouble is n+1 also applies to children apparently!

choppersquad
    Free Member

It’s nicer than a five, but I preferred them before they went all ‘Mondraker’ with the frame.

peterich
    Free Member

love that petrol colour

peterich
    Free Member

love that petrol colour
    I ordered a raw strive the raw finish looked crap so it went back

6079smithw
    Free Member

Nice colour but looks like it’s been in a frontal impact crash test.

This is a better bike IMO:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-slide-27.5-8.0-238562/wg_id-7247

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1) Bikes are not women
    2) It’s not OK to imagine some kind of sordid semi sexual lusting after them

Wait till your mates bike arrives, have a ride on it see what you think.
    Made In _______ means nothing really just where the welding got done.

milkyman
    Free Member

This looks like a lot of bike for the money but I am no expert, has any one got one?
    I love the paint job on it and really temped now I have seen one
    I have never bought a mail order bike how easy/hard are canyon to deal with?

russback
    Free Member

I’ve had a Nerve AM for a couple of years and it’s been awesome – the level of kit really is hard to say no to. I was a bit concerned about lack of local dealers and parts availability but apart from a replacement mech hanger, I’ve had no issues with it being direct-sell.

p7rich
    Free Member

Have both +1.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i am in a relatively new relationship with a lovely Covert, but ive already got my eye on her sister the Patrol! plus i reckon she’s up for it too coz she’s always winking at me from the internet!

milkyman
    Free Member

Hi Russ
    Thanks for your comment, that’s good to hear, I did want to buy from my local lbs but a trek with a spec like that would cost me a lot more, it does seem like a very well speked bike, not often I get over excited by a bike but in very tempted with one of these, any ideas on the sizing, I’m just a tad over 6ft

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

So petrol is the new purple. Thanks for sending up the smoke signals chaps, now I know what colour to avoid for the next year or so. Swerved both orange and white. Phew.

darrenspink
    Free Member

A review on t’other magazine website says people other 6 will find it hard to get the xl to fit. The measurements don’t look bad to me but I would certainly try before buying. Looks great, I was amused by their category description for the bike…

“Bikes in this category include those from categories 1 and 2 and are designed for harsher, unpaved terrain. The scope for these bikes includes occasional jumps up to a maximum height of 60 cm. Jumps of this scale can cause inexperienced riders to have accidents on landing, which can result in injury. Hardtail mountain bikes and full-suspension bikes with short travel are included in this category.”

60cm?

milkyman
    Free Member

lol yes made me smile also,

milkyman
    Free Member

now I don’t know whether to go for 29 or 27.5, my current bike is a 29 ht,

CaptJon
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Made In _______ means nothing really just where the welding got done.

Going to disagree. Some bikes reflect the places they were designed. e.g. how much mud clearance is there? which way does the seat post clamp fit?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Stick with your fat knacker, you do realise the German will have hairy pits? 😯

prawny

I’m quite taken by this beast

Phwoar!!!

philb88
    Free Member

Liking the look of the NERVE 6.0, £1200. Seems too cheap compared to other brands!

Northwind

Why petrol? Real petrol just looks like fairly unhealthy urine.

milkyman
    Free Member

any one know where you could try one of these for size

jools182
    Free Member

nice colour, top tube annoys me though

AdeC
    Free Member

I don’t see any demo days listed on their FB page or website, bit poor that

andybrad

try it.

I went from a nerve al+ to a five. The nerve had more travel and was much better at climbing. For some reason though it just isnt as much fun as the five was. Very very accomplished though.

Buy a bike with your heart and not your head imo.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Seduced by a german. What should I do?’ is closed to new replies.