Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Secure external bike storage.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

After reading so many horror stories of bikes being stolen over the past few weeks on here Im looking at getting some more secure exterior bike storage ideas.

All bikes are currently locked up in the shed but to be honest going by what some of these scrotes are capable of i’m not 100% happy with how secure they are.

I’ve been looking at a couple of options and would like opinions from anyone who owns either of the below.

Failing that if anyone has any other storage gems they know of I would be happy to hear.

1st is a Cyclepods Lockerpod+ all one mould with a locking door, can be bolted down to a concrete base and a ground anchor fitted. £449 each

http://cyclepods.co.uk/products/lockerpods/

2nd is the Asgard metal bike store for 4 bikes.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/home-category-2/bike-storage-x4

My only worry is regarding the 4 bikes bit, Im looking at 2 full sus, a fatty and a kids bike. All bar the kids bike have wide bars. This is also £450.

My thinking is that the metal one would be much easier to get bikes in an out of.

Has anyone seen one of the plastic lockerpods?

spartaniv

I’m very happy with my asgard 4 bike store . It happily takes a dh bike and two trail bikes plus an old frame and various other bits like workstand, tyres and toolboxes. All the bikes have wide bars (711, 745 and 785 mm) and they fit in no problems. It’s very solidly built and the doors do give good access. I’d definitely recommend it. I’ve had it about 4 years now and there’s no signs of wear either.

twoniner
    Free Member

If you have a photo or 2 of the bikes in it so I could get an idea of space that would be brill.

Although I understand if you dont want to!

Emails in my profile.

slowboydickie

I’m thinking about one of the metal ones. Expensive but worth it if they are totally secure. Spartaniv, could 3 strong scrotes lift the 4 bike unit and just carry the whole lot?

twoniner
    Free Member

The unit itself weighs in at 18 stone. Stick some bikes in that and it aint going far.

Initially I thought £450 was a lot of money but it would cost me about 8K to replace all the bikes in my shed.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

I’m thinking about one of the metal ones. Expensive but worth it if they are totally secure. Spartaniv, could 3 strong scrotes lift the 4 bike unit and just carry the whole lot?

the shed should be anchored to a solid floor. it comes with the bolts to do that. no way of lifting it.

jimmy

I have an Asgard thing, too. Well worth the money (touch wood). No way it could be easily lifted off and as skeetsgb says, can be anchored.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

You might find this helpful http://securityforbikes.com/index.php

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Secure external bike storage.’ is closed to new replies.