Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Second Rockshox fork topic of the day – broken washer?!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

On servicing the air spring on my 2015 Rockshox Sektor gold, I found a broken piece in the internals. Looked like a washer, circa 15mm across, in three jagged pieces littered around the internals. Thing is, this is exactly what TF found when they serviced the forks a little over a year ago. The bits had done some very minor internal scratching at that point. They reassembled the fork using all the proper bits. On cleaning the upper tubes, I can see some very small scratching, but fresh fork grease last time basically meant these mini scratches didn’t have much of a harmful effect.

Now I have done a strip and clean and reassembled, but obviously I didn’t put this part back in. As it has probably been broken and floating around in bits for the best part of a year, I don’t think I will die as a result. But if someone can tell me what the part actually is, I wouldn’t mind knowing. I recall seeing a similar post on Facebook from an occasional riding buddy about this too, so I think it might be a well-known Rockshox issue from 2014-15 ish.

Any thoughts?

dannyh
    Free Member

Quick bump – if anyone out there knows the answer I’m curious as to what the broken (and now missing) part is……..

Thanks.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I don’t know anything about a sector but the wavy washer is a weakpoint on a boxer. Used to balance positive negative airsprings i believe. Might be that.

dannyh
    Free Member

Thanks oldtalent. In terms of washers, I could still see two intact. One flat and one wavy that I believe are to do with positive negative balancing. These are both about an inch across, though. The broken one looked like it was about the diameter of the air shaft(?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Second Rockshox fork topic of the day – broken washer?!’ is closed to new replies.