Second hand Nikon DSLR

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Second hand Nikon DSLR
  • STATO

Looking to get a new camera body as there are a few events i would like a good camera for in the next 6 months. Not good enough to buy outright a £1k camera but at the stage where i (think) i can do better than my current D40.

So, looking to get a second hand or refurbished body, with the intention to sell in 6 months. Already have some good lenses i want to use so a body only would be fine, any suggestions on where to look shops wise (or what to avoid if going on ebay).

Thinking a D7000, brief look suggests £500 is possible new? that is right at my ultimate upper max limit-if nothing else was available and s/h prices were crazy high. Would prefer nearer the £300 mark.

Ta,
    Rich.

IA

My OH went from a D40 to a D7000 last year, very pleased with the upgrade.

However, do you really need the features that come with the 7000 (metering on older manual lenses, additional controls and AF motor)?

If not, the current D3300 (I use them for work, along with other kit) is a cracking sensor in an admittedly “less pro” body, if “better image quality” is your goal.

For second hand, I’ve used and been happy with MPB photographic before if you want s/h but shop backup/some warranty.

footflaps

D7000 should be had for £500 or less. I have one, very decent body.

stumpy01

Mate of mine has a D7000 and it is a very good camera. I think prior to that he had a D40x.

I think a D7100 would be a bit above budget.

How about the D300 which can be had for about £300.
    http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/products/secondhand.php?cat1=4
    Compact Flash though which might be a problem if you have plenty of SD memory.

As for places to look:

grays of Westminster (link above)
    wexphotograpic do second hand stuff

In fact – wex photographic have got 3 D7000 bodies – the most expensive is described as MINT, boxed and complete with only 843 shutter actuations for £425…..I’d be giving them a call.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Pimpmasterjazz may well be able to do you a deal on a great condition D300…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/nikon-dlsr-body-in-for-repair-worth-doing

STATO

Thanks all.

Saw the ‘mint’ bodies available on some shops, but not sure its worth going for the cost of mint given ill be selling in a few months, where my now used camera will likely not command the same price.

Similarly, while its quite possible the D7000 is overkill the ownership cost (purchase/sale difference) will likely be the same over the period of ownership im looking at, so almost worth going for the fancy snazzy one. Then again, if i decide to keep it…

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

Why on earth would you sell it?

stumpy01

kiwijohn – Member

Why on earth would you sell it?

I was wondering this.
    If it’s short-term then just keep what you’ve got.
    If you want something better, then buy something & keep it?

What is the reason for only buying the better body as a short term thing….??

STATO

Looking to get a new camera body as there are a few events i would like a good camera for in the next 6 months. Not good enough to buy outright a £1k camera but at the stage where i (think) i can do better than my current D40.

Is it a thing now where people don’t read the OP? Seems to be a common occurrence these days

EDIT: I had a smily face at the end there but it disappeared 🙁

Premier Icon budgierider67
    Subscriber

Get a D7000 new from a reputable grey market importer.

£359

Compared to your D40, you will be mightily impressed at the dynamic range as well as the larger brighter viewfinder, rear screen & overall speed.

Three_Fish

+1 for the D7000. I have one as my back-up camera, and very nice it is. The video is also very good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Second hand Nikon DSLR’ is closed to new replies.