Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Second hand bikes (and stuff in general)
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

I’m on the hunt for a decent, 2nd hybrid for Mrs Web Wonk and I’m not really sure where to go looking these days …

By which, I mean eBay seems to have much less stuff available than it used to (I last scored on a 2nd bike from there about three years ago) and the stuff on Gumtree these days seems to be just garbage or nicked.

What gives? Where are people flogging stuff, or are they just not?

I know it’s always been the case that prices on eBay sometimes get a bit silly, but some of the stuff I’ve seen has just left me speechless. For example, a 4-y-o Boardman hybrid that was bought new for £999 and sold on the bay for £850. Yes, it was in good nick, but that struck me as madness.

And most of the 2nd hybrids on eBay seem to be Boardman – I’d snap one up if the price was sensible or they were closer to London.

Anyone want to sell me a used, but decent hybrid for a sensible sum of money?

sideshow
    Free Member

Pinkbike buy/sell

And the classifieds on here.

And local riding groups facebook pages.

Ebay bikes do tend to go at silly prices, mostly. The 10% cut Ebay take doesn’t help.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im selling a large cotic roadrat but i couldnt be any further away from london if i tried …… im in aberdeen so not much help to either of us.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Local facebook groups, there’s one for every town/niche.

Just search for ‘cycling buy sell London’ or similar.

hammyuk
    Free Member

There’s a lovely barely used B-Twin in the classifieds.
    Not mine btw – but you’d struggle to better it at that price.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah definitely local FB groups for what you’re after.

Seen some great bargains up here recently.

trail_rat
    Free Member

as an asside i signed up to a couple local facebook bike buy and sells…

have a quick look through whats being sold and the types of questions being asked…..

i decided not to bother … too much dodgy.

Loads of folk just asking for addresses etc …. call me a cynic but if thats your opening gambit when buying something your on the rob.

bruneep

Trail rat interested in bike what’s your address? Somewhere mid deeside?

trail_rat
    Free Member

tarves

woody2000

What about a 29er MTB instead, then bung some slicks on?

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p75095/Marin-Bobcat-Trail-9-5-29er-2015-Mountain-Bike.aspx

bruneep

Posh part of upper donside then

djglover
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a second hand FS after mine was stolen. But I am finding the same. Either people having an unrealistic expectation of what a 26″ wheel bike is worth or stuff that has been trashed

The thing is, as soon as you get to the £1000 mark then you start thinking about stuff like this instead of a 4 year old Orange 5

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/products/921-mtb-pro-fs-650b.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Second hand bikes (and stuff in general)’ is closed to new replies.