seatpost

Home Forum Bike Forum seatpost

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • seatpost
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Gravity Dropper. Light, reliable, incredibly simple to maintain in the rare event they need it, great warranty and parts availability, better cable management…

Only downsides are that it’s only 4 inch drop in this size, and it looks like a dalek’s cock.

seavers

I have a friend who recently bought the reverb and it seems like a great seat post but like you, having a five with a 27.2 the options seem limited. I’m looking at an X-fusion Hilo or the Gravity dropper.

I have found the X-fusion on actionsports.de for around £160 but GD’s seem to all come in around the £220 mark.

KIND SHOCK Super Natural 272 is also an option but it has a weight limit of 90KG…as thats what I weigh I’m not going to risk it but would be good for you perhaps.

I have read some good reviews on the X-fusion so might give it a try.

elaine anne

Yeah I was just looking at the x fusion Hilo on the Internet… Looks pretty good to be honest..it’s .179.99 at winstanleys bikes and wiggle also UK bike store.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’d say the main thing about dropper posts is that you need to see how they act in the wild- people keep on signing up to be paying beta testers for these things.

Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

+1 Gravity Dropper, got one on my Five. 🙂

I got mine for £100 off ebay.

elaine anne

Ok my son has a reverb seatpost which is brilliant…so much easier than faffing around having to alter the height when out riding…my problem is with my orange bike 2009, is the size of the post… I have 27.2 seatpost and they don’t do the reverb In that size….anyone recommend a similar product that they don’t have to constantly put it on their workbench and faf with it…lol

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

80 quid. Only 3 1/2 inch drop but I’ve found that plenty so far. Once stripped, lubed, fettled and ghetto booted has worked flawlessly for 3 months so far.

slainte 8) rob

elaine anne

thats helpful then if 27.2 none left lol 😉

doubledunter

Well you could contact them and ask if there getting any back in 🙄 😉

elaine anne

lol yeah i know im just being me… 😉 :mrgreen:

elaine anne

bugger me their all out of stock everywhere i look…lol..i guess 27.2 size is uncommon…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘seatpost’ is closed to new replies.