Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Bikepacking seatpacks
  • welshfarmer

Bog standard roll-top dry bag and a couple of straps. It never moved so much as a mm over 2 hard mountain days. I was even able to still deploy the reverb to a certain extent.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tried that welsh farmer , it irritated the back of my legs

Ended up with the carradice rack and a dry bag. Worked for most of the trip although the descent down from ford of avon anhilated my rack 🙂

Had a good look at my mates wild cat bag- i like alot. Suspect that might be for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

well the orders in….

fingers crossed i dont regret it .

Went with wildcat ocelot and their rear bag too.

Does the tapered airlok work well with wildcat or am i better getting a standard shaped HD dry bag?

whitestone
    Free Member

I use the tapered Airlock with a Wildcat Tiger and it fits well. Previously I used a standard Exped type dry bag and I had to be really quite careful and precise in packing, don’t have to be quite so careful with the Airlock.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers , thats that sorted then bonus 😀

jam-bo

I use the tapered Airlock with a Wildcat Tiger and it fits well.

seconded. althought I’m not 100% confident on the dry-ness of the airlok so anything critical went in a second smaller drybag.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just arrived – are they not nice bits of kit or what.

Loads lighter than they look but sturdy- lots of natty little extra handy features you wouldnt think of but are right handy on a frame bag -like the hose port and the map pocket.

AlexSimon

trail_rat – Member

just arrived – are they not nice bits of kit or what.
    Ace aren’t they!?

Hope you get chance to use them soon!

trail_rat
    Free Member

The alpkit tapered bag feels like it was made to fit – its so much better at the job than the square bag i used this morning.

The fibreglass reinforced alpkit kanga works much better with my bar shape and lack of height between the wheel and bars than the wildcat lion though – although admittedly this wouldnt be an issue for most folk

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking seatpacks’ is closed to new replies.