Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Seat post clamp with a noticable overlock/positive lock???
  • AB
    Free Member

The Salsa and Hope seatpost clamps stay closed purely on tension, but the clamp on my Spesh Stumpy for example have a noticeable overlock/positive lock – much like a Shimano quick release skewer.

Anyone know where I can find one for my Giant Trance (which came with an Allen key clamp?

Could I even try contacting Giant direct and asking for one?

Ta.

brant
    Free Member

Could I even try contact Giant direct and asking for one?

What’s the worst that could happen?

AB
    Free Member

Will send them a mail then.

Assuming they can’t help – anyone know of such a clamp. (Having had a Salsa Flip Lock, it’s not a patch on the stock Spesh clamp.)

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Email spesh asking them if they can sell you the same clamp as on the stumpy in a different size? If it’s a standard part they’ll have loads of them probably to fit various bikes.

takisawa2

You could always remove the brass cam from a Hope one & grind it away to get your over-lock.

AB
    Free Member

squattingmouse – Member

Email spesh asking them if they can sell you the same clamp as on the stumpy in a different size? If it’s a standard part they’ll have loads of them probably to fit various bikes.

Have tried that before for a road bike clamp I split – no joy.

GrahamA
    Free Member

You phone Giant, they laugh at you down the phone. Hearing their laughter your work colleagues join in, pointing and laughing at the fool that asked ‘the question’

This continues week in week out. Slowly you loose the respect of your co-workers and it becomes impossible to function at work. Your job becomes untenable and you are made redundant.

Without income your wife leaves you and your house is Repossessed.

One morning you wake up in a ditch with a meths hangover asking yourself why, why you asked that fateful question.

AB
    Free Member

brant – Member

‘Could I even try contact Giant direct and asking for one?’

Brant – what you want to do is corner the market by designing such a clamp! 😉

AB
    Free Member

Graham A – [Shudders!]

😯 😉

brant
    Free Member

Brant – what you want to do is corner the market by designing such a clamp!

All the decent QR ones I have seen go slightly over centre.

STATO
    Free Member

why would you want one? the ‘over lock’ means it gets slacker as you close it. Unless your worried about it coming undone if you knock it, but then you shouldnt be as if its tight enough it wont budge unless you crash or somthing.

AB
    Free Member

brant – Member

All the decent QR ones I have seen go slightly over centre.

What does that mean?

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve got one with a spring loaded ball bearing that locates in a detent with a satisfying click when engaged but it has no name on it – may be Truvativ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

and so it begins…

hahahaha!

whytetrash

The Whyte ones are really solid with a positive clunk shut…try a Whyte dealers or ATB Sales…not sure if available aftermarket…bit Industrial looking too

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Erm, why not go to the nearest decent LBS and ask to try a few in the shop, then buy the one you like most?

MrNutt
    Free Member

damn a google image search for “meths” is NOT recommended!!

GrahamA
    Free Member

In my day meths was something you used to power your seam engine and the preferred drink of tramps not a cat A. I guess that the availability of cheep strong cider has meant that meths has had to toughen up a bit like super skunk.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Seat post clamp with a noticable overlock/positive lock???’ is closed to new replies.