Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Seat Leon 1.9td, any experiences?
  • duckman

Test drove one on Sat, 59 plate 28,000 miles,seems pretty good.Any owners amoung the hive?

chvck
    Free Member

I got one last year and mine is 53 plate and 98000 miles now, put on about 6000 since October. I reckon it’s a pretty decent motor, hasn’t broken down. Seems to be sensible in terms of things of replacing headlight bulbs, you don’t have to be a contortion artist to do it.

I get about 51mpg average out of it. I’m pretty happy with it.

tandemwarriors

What’s the boot space like? I really like the look of them, but I suspect Cuillin the greyhound won’t be too impressed with the boot accommodation!!

Rob

chvck
    Free Member

Not really sure to be honest, I pretty much ALWAYS have the seats down for carrying bikes!

tandemwarriors

Mmmmm, fancy borrowing a greyhound for the weekend and testing it? He’s very friendly and will reward you with licks?? 🙂

Rob

tutgareth
    Free Member

They are decent cars with VW running gear, based on the golf chassis, ones i have known have always been reliable and low maintenance

Swelper
    Free Member

I have a 1.9 SE TBi (03 Plate)

Ref boot space, seats down. Ive had two bikes in with front wheels off standing up room for other stuff too

Only thing with that is the roof slopes so a few scrapes on the roof opening to the boot

128K on the clock and still going strong it wont die for a while me thinks

Superb car

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Good car, drives nice and pretty quick. Ridden in the boot myself so i reckon a dog would be ok.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

The 1.9 is the PD engine, slightly more agricultural than the 2.0 CR, but should be a whole world more reliable.

duckman

Thanks gents, think I am sold on it now.

Garry_Lager

We had an 04 one for several years – great car, just not much of a looker. Newer ones no doubt have improved in that dept.

Easy on the maintenance in general except for the brakes. Recollect it turning over the disks more than it should have, and that’s with my wife driving it mainly. Could just have been a distinct problem with our vehicle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Seat Leon 1.9td, any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.