Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Searching for bike bits online
  • Rustychain
    Free Member

Like most (all?) of you on here, I’m always on the look out for second hand bits and pieces for the bike.

What I don’t have is the patience for the continual merry-go-round of searching Gumtree, Pink Bike, Facebook etc.

Wouldn’t it be great if there was a service that could do this for you. Does such as service exist?

I’m hoping I’m out of touch and it’s already out there….

tomhoward

I’d do it for you, but my fees would make new rrps look like chicken feed.

There is a new start up that’s showing promise though. I *think* it’s called ‘Google’?

sarell
    Free Member

put in to ebay what you’re after and save the search.
    They then give you a nudge when items, or similar are listed

What you after??

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As Sarell says, do whatever search you want and hit the little heart symbol at the top of the listings. You can do multiople of these and you just get an email every few days with anything new that meets your crieria.

DickBarton

I’m similar…mate has a 2005 demo 9 (might be 2004 or 6!) And it is missing the front plate of the MRP chain guide…and I can’t find one anywhere…plenty 5-bolt and plastic but none 4-bolt and alloy.

He is looking to sell the bike and needs this for the near NOS condition of the bike…

Can’t find anything…

DickBarton

Good grief…that was quick…thanks.

Rustychain
    Free Member

Sorry, I should have said that I’ve already got eBay search alerts set up. It’s the faff of searching all the other sites that I’d like to avoid.

Top of my want list at the moment is a Surly Straggler (58cm) frame and forks just in case anyone has one in need of a new home? Admittedly that’s not quite in the ‘bits and pieces’ category… 😆

jaylittle
    Free Member

Gumtree also has an alert function. The alternative is a wanted ad.

bruneep

[strong]jaylittle[/strong] wrote:

The alternative is a wanted ad.

or a stealth wanted ad maybe?

what do you want/need It’s my mission over the next moth or so to have clear out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Searching for bike bits online’ is closed to new replies.