Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Search for STW user name
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, is it possible to do a search on the site, somehow using the email address of a user? I paid for an item advertised on the classified section. I contacted directly by email, so know the name of the seller and email address, but didn't record his username. I do not seem to be getting anywhere with actually recieving the item, and knowing he was selling other parts it would be good to see if other buyers have recieved there bits. I've done a search on the item but it doesn't go back far enough.
    Thanks

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks tried that already but that doesn't seem to work! I dont want to do the name and shame route just yet, but i will if this isn't sorted in a couple of days!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Actually that doesn't work does it, sorry.

flip
    Free Member

Hey you and me both, i appear to have been royaly ripped off for £60 😥

I'll be using the classifieds VERY carefuly from now on.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Drac, Actually, does sort of work! Didn't realise you could do an advanced search and change the timescale of history. Got him now. Thanks!

bruneep

name and shame

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I do think we need some form of record of bad classifieds peeps.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Should we just start one and it can be bumped /read as and when required
    STW any opinion?

uplink
    Free Member

I do think we need some form of record of bad classifieds peeps.

if the last few weeks are an indication, it'll be a long list

Mark

I don't think it would be a long list.

There are hundreds of trades going on in the forum every day. There are always going to be a few cases of missing in the post/confusion/gone on holiday but it's very important to keep some perspective.

The vast number of trades are genuine and run very smoothly. They, of course, never get reported.
    How about a thread where you post the names of people you have had success with?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am awaiting a part from the classifieds at the moment. I'm getting grumpy. However its only a couple of days overdue and the chap has only had 6 hrs to reply to my " where is it e mail"

I think 2 wks late, two weeks of no communication seems reasonable to name and shame

mickasaki
    Free Member

3 weeks wait and 9 days being ignored so far! going to give untill the weekend then the slagging starts!

Drac

Drac, Actually, does sort of work! Didn't realise you could do an advanced search and change the timescale of history. Got him now. Thanks!

Yeah I tried that with no success guess I did something wrong.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Search for STW user name’ is closed to new replies.