Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sealskins socks
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m not after a debate as to if they are any good or not as I like them. What I am after tho is opinions as to if mid length or knee high ones are better. Obviously the longer ones will keep your legs warmer too but will they stay up?

Has anybody tried the long ones?

parkesie
    Free Member

I use army issue ones that come up to the knee they stay up and keep my feet dry in all but the worst weather.

Brianblessed
    Free Member

I’ve been using mid length ones for years but I bought some knee length ones last winter and they are the best bit of kit i’ve bought for years !warmer shins and they dont fill up with water 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Yep, longer ones work better, no problem with mine falling down.

Northwind

I get on well with the short ones but I got a set of longs last year and they’re a lot better IME. No probs with falling down but I suppose that’s fit dependant. Brilliant kit, wouldn’t be without them now.

matther01
    Free Member

Army issue knee length…quite honestly brilliant. The only part of me that came home wet/muddy at the weekend were my knees!

cinnamon_girl

*I think* the knee length is actually two thirds of the way up the leg! Am referring to both the merino and the thin products. Definitely stay up anyway. 🙂

Edit: just checked on their website. The merino version does say mid-length.

I_Ache
    Free Member

These are the ones I’m thinking about, are they what everybody else has?

http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/socks/ke731-mid-weight-knee-length-sock-black.html

wolfrider
    Free Member

I ache I have the thicker version of those and rate them.feet are usually bone dry after a ride.

matther01
    Free Member

Those are the ones i have but mine are army issue with green instead of blue. Army surplus sell them for as little as a tenner!

endurokid
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sealskinz-mid-weight-knee-length-sock/rp-prod109154

£31.99 @ CRC

How have people get on using these with knee pads?

scotroutes

There are three lengths

cinnamon_girl

Not every permutation though! I think they’re brilliant anyway. 😀

jamj1974

I love the long ones in winter – mid for autumn and short for summer (the latter only if fording a lot of streams etc…)

ajt123
    Free Member

I have middle length ones, very effective. Wear ordinary socks underneath.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m going to order some then. Thanks all.

I don’t mind wet feet normally it’s just when it’s cold I bloody hate it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sealskins socks’ is closed to new replies.