• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ro5ey.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sealing Black Limestone
  • dickie
    Free Member

I’ve 60sq.m of black limestone paving to seal, anybody done it, advice, what to use what not to use?

Romex Colour Seal is recommended but I’m struggling to find some.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/stonpv05.htm

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lithofin

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve not done Black Limestone, but we’ve acres of polished Kandla Grey Sandstone and I used HG Impregnator on it.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

I too have around 60m of black limestone to seal.

The other sealant that did really well on their trials was the Dry Treat Intensifier, this is the one I’m considering buying.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

+1. Currently laying some black limestone at the moment, so will have to apply some colour sealer within a few weeks.

Interested to hear how you get on.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

STW does it again… Brings up a completely random subject that I have an interest in at this time ….Weird.

Just finished laying BL as a coping stone to the front garden wall and will be cladding the front step too.

Please let us know what technique you used, and how you got on….. But guessing unless someone has done this a few years ago we’ll not really get a definitive answer ??

hooli

+ 1 for Lithofin, one coat before laying and another before pointing/grouting.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve done it with LTP Grimtex Heavy Duty Grime Remover, then LTP Mattstone H2O Impregnating Sealer(for interior and exterior use). It came up very black. Use the Grime Remover periodically. I’ll see if I can find a before and after picture for you

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

God knows if that pic will work or stay working, this new forum is just utter shit

lister

I’ve just had black limestone steps laid too…weird timing. Does it NEED sealing?

sisley
    Free Member

Whats up?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Does it need sealing?

Indoors it prevents stuff like cup rings. Outdoors I think it’s to do with discolouration and/or algae

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Lister … I recommend you read the link in the OP.

Good luck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sealing Black Limestone’ is closed to new replies.