Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sealant and heat?
  • burnie
    Free Member

I haven’t had a puncture since going tubeless a couple of years ago but this weekend I have had about 4. Anyone else having trouble with stans sealant in this heat? Or is it just bad luck?

creamegg
    Free Member

I had my first tubeless puncture since ive converted this weekend. Nothing to do with the heat tho, the size in tyre wall was just too big to seal and in an awkward place for the sealant to get to. Still hoping to seal it at home tho when i can tilt the wheel at the right angle to get the sealant to it

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Doubt it would be the heat, I’m sure it’s used in far hotter countries than ours! When did you last top up or replace the sealant?

oxym0r0n

Had both wheels that are 13 months old turn into solid balls 🙁

burnie
    Free Member

When did you last top up or replace the sealant?

I thought that was the problem after puncturing once yesterday as there wasn’t much in there but I topped up last night and got another 3 today! So heat was the only thing I could think of.

AlasdairMc

I’m considering the heat as being a factor in my tyres not sealing. I swapped out Stans that had all but disappeared for a fresh lot of the Specialized stuff, but it could be down to the Specialized stuff being rubbish…

jameso

13 months old turn into solid balls

: ) 13 months?! Good going.. I’ve had stan’s 90% solidify in about 3 weeks if adjusting pressure or fixing the odd cut. Use latex/water mix now, works better and for longer, way cheaper, but needs a bit more scraping out once dried.

JoeG
    Free Member

I add Stan’s about once a month during the summer. The bike spends a lot of time in the covered bed of a pickup truck, which gets quite hot. The only time that Stan’s doesn’t work for me is when I let it dry out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It works in much hotter places just fine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sealant and heat?’ is closed to new replies.