Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sea kayaking – west coast of scotland (Oban)
  • RudiBoy
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good company to take a couple of novices out on a sea kayak around the Oban area for half a morning or something.

will need all the kit as well, so need more than just a guide.

Any recommendations will be great

scotroutes

I don’t know the name of the outfit but there’s a company on the seafront in Oban itself. It always looks pretty cool when you see the kayakers paddling right into the harbour!!

Swelper
    Free Member

Try this one. Used them many a time. Also known Tony for many a year prior to him setting up. Right opposite the Falls of Laura. Got an excellent B&B. the Glue Pot next door is good crack too

Paddle Time

RudiBoy
    Free Member

cheers for that, will check it out.

any other recommendations for the kayak or Band will be much appreciated.

should be do a day or half a day?

matt_outandabout

Kayak school uk

mrhoppy

Seafreedom kayak. Tony is ace and you’ll end up being horribly jealous of his house.

dewydd
    Free Member

I don’t know the name of the outfit but there’s a company on the seafront in Oban itself. It always looks pretty cool when you see the kayakers paddling right into the harbour!!

That will be these folk http://www.seakayakoban.com/

Don’t know about their reputatiion but they always seem busy enough and are slap bank in the middle of town.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

deyydd’s link leads to another with courses including 2 day intro @ £80/day.
    I’m in.

mt
    Free Member

Seafreedom kayak. mrhoppy is correct.

Rscott
    Free Member

Seakayak oban i belive e is part of the national kayak school, great company with some awesome coach’s.

the instructors/coaches are keen and confident paddlers that have paddled around the world excellent bunch. but i would say that as one of them is a very good friend of mine.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

cheers for the recommendations guys

ended up going with the seakayakoban lot as they had an afternoon session for beginners just at the time we were there.

spot on thank you

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

ended up going with the seakayakoban lot

ha, funny. i resurrect this thread to say i’m just back from a weekend with them and was gong to recommend them

zippykona

This is the perfect opportunity for some pictures.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It was the perfect opportunity to forget to pack a camera

swiss01
    Free Member

I’ve been out with both the above. tony, for me, was brilliant. seakayakoban I went out with two total beginners (mrs swiss being afraid of both water and boats and the other one just generally afraid) and they were equally brilliant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sea kayaking – west coast of scotland (Oban)’ is closed to new replies.